• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Beachin Tactical Giveaway!

beachmaster

I am shipping the sling out today! And I also, and VERY excited about hearing a review and comparison.

I have made three of these slings only so far. This prototype was the first, one for a secret person here on the forum, and one for one of my best friends.

But I think that this new sling is going to revolutionize my little "business" lol

Since my excitement with Etsy, and looking at the competition, I have decided that I can start distributing slings to retailers. I have just purchased professional ziplock bags, and stickers to go on them. Now I just need to get my business license renewed and changed a little bit, and I am going to start contacting retailers!

Depending on how people feel about these slings that is :-)

We want reviews on this new sling, its a moral imperative !

You bet. If there are any particulars or specifics you want reviewed about the sling let me know.

This will be a first so I'll do my best. Might take a little while but I'll get it done!

What's Etsy?

Edited by .308LiteHunter

Well, a comparison will be a little more difficult for you, as you have a one point, but I just want a general comparison on the construction type.

Things like flexibility, comfort, general strength, propensity to twist etc

Dont rush yourself, we are all busy. The sling is a prototype, so the colors aren't the prettiest, and it doesnt have a Beachin tactical tag sewn on, (I ran out!!!), so feel free to use and abuse it!

I just shipped it out! :-)

Etsy is a website that I LOVE where individual people sell handmade studs, like my sling! When I look for a holster, sling, knife, or just about anything, I always check etsy first :-) in fact, not only did I get my holster and mag pouches from a guy on there from Michigan, I also got our wedding rings on there! :-)

• 1 month later...

To preference this review, I have limited experience with slings. I own 3, one on my shotgun, one on my LR.308 and one on my AR pistol. So bear with me. :)

I just finished playing around with the sling. First impression, not the nicest looking, but very functional and easy to use.

I followed brother Beach's instructions on how to mount the sling and had no problems.

post-13718-0-75041300-1424114857_thumb.j

The variations in length that are achievable with this sling are perfect for my needs. I found that I could cinch it up and wear it like a traditional sling would be used. Or I could loosen it up and sling it over my shoulder.

Once I slung it over my shoulder though I soon realized that I would have to change where I had it attached on the stock because the rifle was trying to roll away from my body. I used a quick connect on the back side of the stock and this brought the rifle in tight to my body. I left it there because it will work for a traditional carry as well.

post-13718-0-65156400-1424116002_thumb.j

Next I tried transitioning between wearing it in front, and wearing it on my back. The nylon webbing slides easily through the plastic buckle and the transitions were very fluid.

I wore it up and down several flights of stairs in my house, wearing it both front and back. It was pretty comfortable and felt really secure. The sling lengthens enough that I put on my hunting backpack and went through the process again and at this point I was starting to like the sling.

I tried to get it tangled up with my backpack which can happen with my current sling but I had a really hard time. I did manage to get it hung up ( on purpose ) which gave me a chance to try out the buckle. It worked fine, easily opening one handed and releasing the sling. Connecting it back together was also very easy, even with one hand.

I don't have one of Jacob's earlier 2 point slings so I can't compare the two.

In comparison to my Beachin Tactical one point sling. This one is more flexible and comfortable. It looks like Jacob stitched something inside the nylon webbing (paracord ?) and then covered it with paracord. Not sure what is in there, but like I said, it makes it very comfortable and flexible compared to braided paracord.

post-13718-0-69298000-1424116439_thumb.j

There were a couple things that I would change, but these are all personal preference.

First, I'm not a big fan of this type of nylon webbing. The webbing on my other sling is thicker and softer. Yes I said softer, which to me matters if I'm hiking miles in the mountains and it's rubbing somewhere. Last year I hunted in a T-shirt because it was 70. I wouldn't want that webbing rubbing my neck for long. To be fair though, I think this sling would stay on my shoulder, it's a good fit.

Also, I would make a loop at the end of the webbing, or maybe add some paracord for grip. This webbing is pretty thin and I think if my hands were cold and wet, a loop would make loosening and tightening easier.

Lastly, I like how my current sling has some elastic in it so when I have it cinched up and carrying it in front it has just enough stretch that I can bring it up off handed without loosening it, and it stays nice and snug for a shot. So, I would add about 8" of stretchy nylon webbing to the sling somewhere.

All that being said, I do like this sling over my current one even without the changes. It is MUCH more comfortable overall, doesn't tangle and feels more secure. It is nice and flexible so it conforms nicely to what it is being cinched up against. It has a little give to it so when you have your 9+ lbs rifle with you it isn't jarring on your shoulder. And of course if your in a tight spot you can take the paracord off to use to help you out, and still have a fully functional sling.

I think this is one heck of a sling! I told Brother Beach I would be happy to send it on for someone else to review after I did mine, but now I don't want to let it go. You know where to get one, get your own!

post-13718-0-14235200-1424121431_thumb.j

Great write up!

And you know what!? Your loop idea is an excellent one! Thank you!

I am sorry for the ugliness. It was a prototype... and it got what I had at the time. Which was ugly. But you dont have to give it away, you won it, you like it, and i am happy!

You are correct also about the webbing. It is thin, and the edge can be rough. I hope to always have padding where I want it, but without padding, I definitely agree, I wouldn't want it rubbing on my neck. It does have some benefits though.

This webbing is thinner and less soft, but it is much stronger for its weight than others. Its a bit of give and take. I may look in to other slings, bit so far, I am pretty happy with this stuff, although I think that it takes some getting used to.

I crappy appreciate your review. Your sling is a bit different than my current model now, but it is very close. I hope that it serves a for a lifetime of trustworthy, ugly use. :-)

I crappy appreciate your reply :)

Lol. In all seriousness I'm glad I won the give away, and happy I could review it for you. It doesn't matter that it ain't pretty, heck it's a great sling that will be perfect for hunting and will most likely get abused. So I'm looking forward to seeing how it holds up! Thanks again