• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I need an enabler

I need an enabler, and I am hoping that I have come to the right place ;-)

Here is what I am looking for, and what i can spend.

I am looking for a lightweight, small scope, that i can fit over or around my rear iron, that is made in America. My budget is about $600, and with my military paperwork, I can get like %40 off with leupold.

I was looking hard at their vxr 1.25-4x scopes with a 7.62 150 grain bdc, but I read a review saying that if you want proper eye relief and height, to forget about a rear sight.

Irons are a MUST.

The rifle will basically be a heavy carbine, meant for 300 yards. 500 if I have to push it. I did 500 with an acog kinda with 556, so I think that if i practice, this should be realistic.

(I know that i should be able to bang a moving target at 500 with irons... but ill be honest with myself and yall, I cant)

So there you go. Ask questions, critique, criticize, but most importantly, ENABLE me! Lol

I feel I can be of assitance here...   <lmao>

beach, you already shot it.  You know what you need.  Mark AR Mod 1 is the scope, in the magnification you stated.  Leupold Custom Shop will make the 7.62 turret for you. 

Comes in at much less than $600, even full retail.

Done. 

markarmod1-1-5-4x20-P5-large-527x530.png

<laughs>

Edited by 98Z5V

Well you able to have your rear iron sight with it? I cant remember.

I read some review that said to forget about it, it didn't work. Maybe with a different qd scope mount I could make it work?

Btw, your skills on this forum are impeccable... did you crop that picture to go perfectly into this page like that? Its awesome.

Edited by beachmaster

I was going to suggest the same scope. It's a great piece.

Using MBUS sights and a scope is wonky at best. The clearance comes more from the the mount than the scope. There are QD scope mounts will give enough room to collapse a rear sight under the scope.

If you go with offset sights, you have a lot more mount options.

That's easy - when you coming back?  <lmao>

One the 300BLK, I don't have the rear sight on there - that rifle isn't really "finished" yet.  The rear sight will clear easily, though, with the size of that scope.  Running irons through a scope is a PITA, unless it's a true 1x on low power.  It's rough on 1.5x power.  At 3x power, your frint sight isn't even visible in the lens - the scope is already focused beyond where that front sight is mounted. On some scopes, it's even less than 3x that you lose visibility of the front sight.

On anything I have that has irons and magnified optics, the optics have QD mounts.  If I need the optic out of the way, I probably need it out of the way quickly and easily.  I have some QD one-piece mounts, but if I'm using rings, it's only the Warne Maxima steel QD rings.  <thumbsup>

EDIT - I intentionally selected that picture of the scope, in order to be a more effective enabler...  :banana:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 4 weeks later...

Albright, so a little update.

98, your mk- ar is awesome, but we can see above, I was offered a deal on an adm mount that I couldn't pass up.... but it is 30mm as opposed to 1".

So the mk-Ar wasn't an option.

So, using the leupold military discount, I just picked up the Vx-R Patrol 1.25-4

Hey, buy once cry once right?

This might be a cheap scope to some of the heavy hitters here, but it will be my first quality scope. Can't wait to post pics!