• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Barrel decision

D.R.D.

I know that many here have strong feelings about the customer service between these two companies.  But that aside, I'm just looking for contrasting opinions on performance.  Particularly, accuracy, and any feeding issues.  

I'm looking to choose between these two: (both are .308)

Lothar Walther 18" rifle-length gas system, 1:10 twist, VarTac (heavier profile) .750 gas block, LW-50 steel (comes with NiB matched bolt)

or

Fulton Armory (by Criterion) 18.5  rifle-length gas system, 1:10 twist (Medium weight) .936 gas block, 410 Stainless (I'd buy and send them my bolt for head-spacing) 

End of the day, the cost will be about the same, maybe $30 more for the LW.

Any input from those that might have experience with both?  This will be for longer range precision target shooting (not only benchrest, though)

Thanks

18.5" Fulton here, and it shoots the lights out.  Personal opinion on LW customer service has me in a position to not list that as a recommendation.  Barrel might be the baddest thing on the planet, but with what I've seen on the CS side, that makes it a no-go bigtime.