• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So who makes good 6.8 SPC II

Powerman

I need to ask JP how their capture spring is for 6.8. I would like to know what weight their buffer is. I've seen AR, but didn't see complete uppers. Seems like it's around $800 depending. I would like plug and play, but if I have to swap a couple things it's not that big of deal.

Are stronger or enhanced bolts a good idea since the face has to be enlarged?

I need to ask JP how their capture spring is for 6.8. I would like to know what weight their buffer is. I've seen AR, but didn't see complete uppers. Seems like it's around $800 depending. I would like plug and play, but if I have to swap a couple things it's not that big of deal.

Are stronger or enhanced bolts a good idea since the face has to be enlarged?

H will build you a complete upper....you can pick out your rail and send it to him ot have him get it

Ive used his super bolts and also a stag bolt one time when he was out of stock. :) Wash

Well finally... I've looked before, not exactly easy info to find. By replacing the steel weights in the JP spring with the tungsten ones, it functions as a H2. It doesn't say I need to change a spring for it. I don't really want to change stuff out. Might have to get another one.

Well finally... I've looked before, not exactly easy info to find. By replacing the steel weights in the JP spring with the tungsten ones, it functions as a H2. It doesn't say I need to change a spring for it. I don't really want to change stuff out. Might have to get another one.

Powerman   On 2 of my 6.8's I use the H2,on the other 2 I use plain ol car buffers and springs with no problemo. but its all in the gas port size too...The H2 buffers do shoot softer and the cycle is tuned better...and guess who has the good stuff?  yep, Char does     the 6.8 might be a niche,but it makes the .556 feel like a popgun compared to it. I think I read where a 6.8 does 80% of a .308 out to 300 yds...someone correct me if im wrong    :) Wash

here's some info,but i bet 98Z can tell us the skinny on it   Well the chart shows far less on energy!

http://demigodllc.com/articles/6.8-mm-spc-cartridge-history-development-hornady-stag-arms-carbine/

found this just now

308%20vs%206%208.jpg

Edited by washguy

When I was thinking of selling my 308,it seemed like 6.8 ammo was more. I decided on 5.56. But on a AR platform, the 6.8 is nice. 223 for plinking. 6.8 for fun. That's kind of where I'm at. I'll never hunt anything that needs 308. I wouldn't mind hunting some hogs though. Take it on trips to the mountains. I'll be G2G to 300 easy.

So far I'm liking ARP. I had a JP bolt in my 308. I know they are not necessary. But with 6.8 opening up the face, seems like good insurance going with an enhanced one.

I'm thinking SOCOM profile 16, keymod, my 1-6, and another spring for plug and play. I'll probably just use the CH I have now, but probably another carrier.

Any particular break to go with? Flash hider is good enough. I don't need a comp. I got a BCM Mod 0 on my upper. Seemed reasonable for what I want. What is a good GP flash/break?