• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

So who makes good 6.8 SPC II

Powerman

So do you like the Vortex? Is it a good compromise? I was just going to get their flash hider.

Ordered barrel and bolt.

Yeah, the Vortex is a compromise, keeps the muzzle down, quiets the flash a fair amount, has a bit of effect on recoil, too.  Really, recoil to me just isn't an issue on the 6.8, but I do like it.  And I think it's cool-looking, which is a bonus.  I AM a stylish SOB.  Har!

Cool, thanks. I might get it if he has more. Says he's out.

So would an adjustable gas block be useful? I realise I can use a normal buffer or an H2. But I was thinking I could also turn the gas down a tad. I don't hand load so I usually don't bother with adjustables.

Got to agree with Wash , no Adj gas block needed . H2 buffer is a must have item.

I have an Adj gas block on a 24" barrel turned it down then opened it up to find a smooth pattern of ejection of brass and have not touched it since.

The PRI Quiet Brakes I have work great with muzzle rise, I can keep scope on target and watch bullet impact in target. But the Quiet part ,IDK ? , pretty good side blast also !

post-13525-0-68080100-1427384709_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Allllrighty.... So I got my upper. Went with Blackstone Arms. They had the parts I wanted. But Eric was very very good to deal with. Communications were great. Fast work, super easy. I would have no problem using him again. Polished chamber, squared receiver, GTG.

I got a ARP 16" SOCOM barrel, enhanced bolt, and the Vortex 2 port comp. Went on a Aero receiver and MI 12" keymod guard. I like the MI guard. I like the BCM too, but the MI feels great and has some good features. The upper fit pretty tight on my Mega lower. Just a minor correction and it's a great fit now. Eric offered great service, but no need for that. GTG now.

I'm pretty sure I built a 6.8 and I have a BCM 5.56 to fart around with. :)) Put my PA 1-6 on it. Swap over my BCM ambi handle. Got some AE and Hornady 120 gr SST to try out Sunday. Can't wait to take it out.

DSCN0582_zpsbdm1ssms.jpg

DSCN0578_zpskbtxmrqu.jpg

Got out to the range today... I'm sold. It's not a nuclear weapon, but ya, easy to shoot, more power, very accurate. The ARP barrel seems to be better than the match on my 308. But it's still early. After I finally got it on paper, it was running very well. I ran a box of Hornady SST and it did great. Got on some steel at 500 yards... it was a good day.

Had to run a couple mags of 5.56 after... ya, BB gun. I'm really pleased with the JP silent capture spring. I did ask them what others were running... more weight or different spring. They said run the standard it's fine. I have to agree. Bras was 3:30-4. shot great.