• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Silver State Armory

match308

Call them up tomorrow and talk to them about it - they'll gladly talk to you.  Give them all the rifle specifics (build stats) and firing specifics (with can, without can, temp, other weather, etc.), with rifle round count, and they should be able to shed some insight into what's going on. 

Response received. They told me that due to many untold variables, it was just incompatible with my setup and advised me not to use it. Unnecessary advise as I wouldn't want to deal with the pierced primer issue. Guess my buddies are getting $100 of free ammo for early Christmas!

Response received. They told me that due to many untold variables, it was just incompatible with my setup and advised me not to use it. Unnecessary advise as I wouldn't want to deal with the pierced primer issue. Guess my buddies are getting $100 of free ammo for early Christmas!

What are the 'many untold variables" you speak of?

Very tight Chamber, shallow lead to lands or firing pin travel within the Bolt , would be a few.

Is the Barrel Marked 308 or 7.62x51 ? Hybrid Chamber  ? I would get the round count higher & try them again . 

This is related to your other thread , right ?

Just because they are a well known ammo manufacturer , doesn't mean they will not have a few higher pressure lots or rounds that make it through the cracks & I'm sure they will never admit it .

I'm disappointed in their response - they've got some damn smart people that you can talk to, but it sounds like you didn't get any farther than a receptionist.

I'd call them back, and ask to speak to someone that can answer some technical questions.  Schit, the guys i talked to a SHOT a couple years ago were the technical guys - I'm certain that there is someone there that can answer your question(s). 

Just not the lady at the counter...

It wasn't the receptionist. It was a salty customer service rep that basically told me to climb a weed. Lesson learned and it's not an issue with me. I don't normally buy factory ammo and my new JP High Pressure bolt setup should mitigate the issue. It's a $216 investment in this not happening again and its the same fix my POF in 6.5 CM needed with Hornady performance and my handloads. The swapped my oem bolt for one with a smaller firing pin hole in the bolt face and a smaller firing pin.

I'm rolling my own now and going to do round devel as soon as Scott Medesha finishes my side charging bolt handle mod.

I'm disappointed in their response - they've got some damn smart people that you can talk to, but it sounds like you didn't get any farther than a receptionist.

I'd call them back, and ask to speak to someone that can answer some technical questions. Schit, the guys i talked to a SHOT a couple years ago were the technical guys - I'm certain that there is someone there that can answer your question(s).

Just not the lady at the counter...

Edited by match308