• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New AR-308 build (finally)

darb

I wish to thank everyone on the forum for your help. I have been working on this build for quite some time. I had a lot of issues. I probably should have started on the AR-15 platform first. The build consist of: Tactical Maching upper and lower(80%) reciever, SSA trigger, Red-X  24" S/S barrel, PRS stock, Adjustable gas block and free float tube. Sightron 6x24-50mm 2-MOA scope and GG&G bi-pod. I hope to get better groups when I start reloading for it. Thanks again to all.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    IMG_4305_zps8d384156.jpg                                                                                                                                     FullSizeRender_zps2ltmkqme.jpg

Congrats brother,looks good. <thumbsup>

Thank you. My goal was to build a precision AR. I had to smile when I shot that group as I also built a Bolt action .260 Rem and it only shot in the 7's, of course it may have been the shooter but I do expect better results from both rifles after load development, which is my next new adventure, Next I'll post my results of my Ar-15 build, which were also pretty decent. 

Right on - job very well done, man.  <thumbsup>

Thank you but  l believe you meant finally done. This was a build from hell. At times I would get so POd I would Hide it  for weeks  or a month at a time so I would not have to look at it. Now its easy on the eyes. :'(   I may just have to give the rifle a name, 

That is one good looking gun . Well done ! Might want to look into sighting your scope in for that nith degree more .

Thanks. You may be on to something in regards to the scope, May be canted, back to the gun room and then the range. :banana: