• Visit Sportsmans Guide

New AR-10B Model

jtallen83

arm_b.thumb.jpg.c416b92b6cd3e2088f3749e1
ARMALITE DEF10(B) SPECS
S.gif
Caliber7.62x51mm/.308
Barrel16" Double Lapped & Chrome Lined/Chrome-Moly w/ flash suppressor
Upper ReceiverForged Flat-Top w/MIL-STD 1913 Rail, 7075-T6 Aluminum, MIL-STD 1913 Gas Block
Stock6-Position Collapsible
TriggerSingle-Stage
Magazine2 Armalite Steel Magazines
(B-Series Magazines Only)

http://shop2.gzanders.com/rifles/armalite-def10b-sporting-rifle-308-win-16-bbl-1-10-1-25-mag.html

While it is known that I am extremely biased in favor of this great American company, I suggest going with their DEF-10.  It's the exact same gun except it takes the PMAGS (LR-308 based).  Price range is the same also.  Check out ImpactGuns.

Then again .... I guess if you have a B-series rifle the B-series carbine makes a great addition to the collection.  

Edited by GRA

• 5 months later...
On September 29, 2015 at 11:17 PM, wetncold said:

My brother went with the Armalite Defensive model while I went with the Windham Weaponry SRC. They are both great rifles, but I can just shoot better than him. My WW is a tad more accurate than his AR-10. But both are very good shooters.

Interesting, but is that repeatable? For example, the Jan/Feb 2015 Special Weapons for Military & Police tested both the DSR10 A-Series and the SRC-308 and the $1000 ArmaLite outshot the $1300 Windham! Five shot groups at 100 yards of 1.10", 0.93" and 0.63" vs.1.00", 1.00" and 1.72".

On September 29, 2015 at 6:29 PM, GRA said:

While it is known that I am extremely biased in favor of this great American company, I suggest going with their DEF-10.  It's the exact same gun except it takes the PMAGS (LR-308 based).  Price range is the same also.  Check out ImpactGuns.

Then again .... I guess if you have a B-series rifle the B-series carbine makes a great addition to the collection.  

GRA, thanks, I took your advice and ordered a DEF10 from Impact Guns. Been thinking about this for months. They will truck one up to the Boise store from Ogden. Can't wait to test her out! Years ago I built an M15A4C starting with a stripped ArmaLite lower bought at Impact Guns. Love that place, they can get almost anything but it might take time. They price match to their internet price, which usually is good. And of course the indoor range is handy.

Got some PMAGs and ordered an ArmaLite AR-10 gas rail front sight and MBUS2 rear sight from Amazon.com. Got XM80 and .308, so ready to have fun!

Edited by Quentin

4 hours ago, Quentin said:

GRA, thanks, I took your advice and ordered a DEF10 from Impact Guns. Been thinking about this for months. They will truck one up to the Boise store from Ogden. Can't wait to test her out! Years ago I built an M15A4C starting with a stripped ArmaLite lower bought at Impact Guns. Love that place, they can get almost anything but it might take time. They price match to their internet price, which usually is good. And of course the indoor range is handy.

Got some PMAGs and ordered an ArmaLite AR-10 gas rail front sight and MBUS2 rear sight from Amazon.com. Got XM80 and .308, so ready to have fun!

Glad you're motivated to be nice to yourself.  :-)  

I surely don't think you'll regret the purchase.  Please keep us informed on the developments.