• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

PA-10 is running great!

CASEYPM

Went to the range today for the first time with a decent scope. It was putting down 3" groups at 100 yards. Not exactly match grade barrel or ammo, but it serves it's purpose as my hunting rifle. I've finally worked out all the little stuff and cycles great unless it's steel cased ammo. It also does not like 7.62X51 NATO either. Thank you all for the help along the way getting it built. I've learned a lot more about the AR-10 AR-308 platform than I would of figured. 

IMAG1285.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Went out this morning to make sure I'm zero'd for deer season. After the last time I went out, I wasn't expecting too much. After the first two in the orange, I made a minor adjustment....not the gun, not the scope, me. A friend of mine that was issued a KAC SR-25 sniper rifle told me "pull the trigger so slowly that it surprises you when it finally breaks and control your damn breathing and heart rate". I did just that and put three in the middle at 100 yards. Good words of advice. I think the previous times I went shooting, I was just giddy that I was actually shooting my build. 

IMAG1412.jpg

I tried to edit my post but yall wouldn’t let me.  Something about running out of time.   So here is another post whit what I had to say.

I still have a question?   Are you still having a problem with military hard ball?    If so there is something wrong.   Is the tip of the bullet hitting the back of the chamber when you try to chamber a round?    Are you running it wet or dry?   You may just have to break that sucker in some.    My DPMS 20” that I bought had some teething problems to.   Everything settled down after about 60 rounds.   The DPMS A2 Carbine never missed a skip.   It eats anything I feed it.

Wolf

• 3 weeks later...