• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My DPMS LR308

I picked up this DPMS LR308 with a 24" SS bull barrel, bone stock with 4 mags and under 200 rds down the pipe 2 weeks ago and all I can say is DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM!!! This stick is a hammer! I am an avid benchrest shooter and love my bolt guns, I have put together several ar-15s for varmint/target shooting, and have had fun with them but never anything like this one. When I offered to trade for the rifle, i figured I would rebarrel it to a 6.5x47 Lapua or maybe a 260 and see what it would do, just because I havent ever been a big 30 fan, but not now, You couldnt pry this sucker away from me. When I got it home I gave it a good once over and cleaned the bore (po said it had been broken in sinclair method, I have no reason to doudt that) and it looked great, I bolted on a 4.5-14 Tactical Leupy that I had in the safe, and went out to wally world (small town) and picked up 2 boxes of $13 Federal 150gr psp. I am a reloader, but had no components and it was Sunday. I bore sighted it and after a 2 shot zero I sent five shots down range at under .5! I was very impressed to say the least. Since then I have started on some load development and I put a single stage JARD trigger in last night. (the factory trigger is pretty bad) I can't find anything this rifle doesnt like, it shoots everything. So far with a 150SMK and 43grs of Benchmark it is truly a LASER! It just stacks em as good as I can hold the rifle. I am hooked on this one and for the money I don't see how you can beat it.

I got the PRS today!  Man this stock is awesome!  It feels as good as it looks, and the adjustment wheels are solid and smooth, I can't wait to get out and shoot, looks like tomorrow will have to do... 

CIMG7517.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk167/bandit10-4/CIMG7518.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk167/bandit10-4/CIMG7521.jpg

"went out to wally world (small town) and picked up 2 boxes of $13 Federal 150gr psp. I am a reloader, but had no components and it was Sunday. I bore sighted it and after a 2 shot zero I sent five shots down range at under .5!"

Just to let everyone know, I have never met this person, LOL.

I say that because in a couple of my posts I claimed Federal 150 pwr shok usually shoots MOA in DPMS .308's. Looks like we have another believer. :-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...