• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

The anticipation is killing me!!

Robocop1051

I have a Mega billet lower and a billet upper on order for my DI 10mm build. I picked the slick side upper, no FA and no dust cover.

As soon as I get the parts in, I'm mailing the upper to Ron Williams from RMW Extreme for a custom 14.5" barrel, BCG and DI system.

I ordered a real fancy 10mm comp and Magpul clothes to finish her off.

Robocop,

I'm assuming that your building your 10mm with the Mega AR-15 rec set. I'm not familiar with the 10mm AR's, can you tell me what mags they use? Since you say your using a Mega rec set, am I correct in assuming that it will require either a lower receiver mag well block or the mags will have to be individually modified? I think that the 10mm is definitely a superior cal than either the 9mm or the .45acp for a pistol cal AR. That being said, I'm still thinking about an AR-45 build this year. Do you have contact info for Ron Williams?  I'd like to discuss my possible project with him.

The only contact I have with Ron, is through AR15.com (sorry, Imschur).

I am using the mega billet upper and lower. The lower will have a magazine block installed to load either Sten, M3 grease gun or 41AE Uzi mags. Ron mentioned that he is making his own 45acp mag soon, and they can be easily modified to shoot 10mm. I'm hoping his mags will be similar to the new Oly mags.

For my 10mm, he recommended a light buffer system for 10mm FBI ammo, and a standard buffer system for hit hand loads. I'll probably start with a tubb flat spring and a JP LMOS, and work from there.

The big difference between Ron and Oly is that Ron installs a cutom DI gas system and Oly uses a blowback system. I believe there's a company that sells Rons "RMW" uppers on a regular basis. Check out bazookabrothers.com

• 2 months later...

Just a heads up. I recently received my Mega Arms billet ambidextrous lower receiver from branson1369. Dave was an awesome guy through the whole process. I unfortunately got stuck in line, along with many MANY other, waiting for Mega to catch up with their orders. I admit to being disgruntled at times, enduring the waiting process. Dave kept in contact with me through the thick and thin of it all. At some points even apologizing for complications beyond his control. Dave stayed true to his word and provided me with an stunningly beautiful new lower.

Thanks again Dave!

I encourage anyone interested in a MA-Ten, or any of the MEGA Arms products, to contact Dave Branson ( branson1369 ) to get the job done, and done well.

I know it's not a MA-Ten, but someone had to buy one of these.

The beat thing I can say about the Mega billet ambi lower receiver is... GO BUY ONE NOW!! Absolutey beautiful. Perfect lines. It comes with the ambi bolt release pre-installed. The ergonomics of the right side release are spectacular. So far I have the Magpul ACS stock, Tubb CS spring, Troy CQB battle Ax pistol grip, BADASS ambi switch and a CMC trigger. This was a last minute decision to make the purchase, so I'm putting it back on the back burner till my 308 is finished.

32779632.jpg

24362848.jpg

18891a69.jpg

58fd8e1b.jpg

dcbd2a8f.jpg

ae435572.jpg

I still have a Mega billet slick body upper coming in the mail. As soon as that comes in I'll send it to Ron Williams at "RMW Xtreme" to get fitted with a 10mm BCG and barrel.

Beautiful lower ROBOCOP, I used one of the pre ambi Mega lower receivers to build a .223 AR. That was before Mega had even announced the MA TEN. I was so impressed with the quality of it that I pre ordered the MA TEN from Rainier as soon as they announced it. I also found that it really fit the Vltor  MUR upper well. I see that you have the Troy pistol grip, I've been wanting to try one, do you like it compared to the MAGPUL? I also see that you have the CMC flat trigger. I just got the Geissele SD3G trigger for my 300, I think I prefer the flat trigger to a curved, what about you, Have you noticed a difference? What is your opinion of the CMC trigger? Do you know the pull weight?

After my 10mm build is finished, I plan on building a 14.5" middy on a VLTOR upper. Jgun, you just solidified my dilemma on whether or not to go with the MUR.

The Troy grip is VERY small. I have the MIAD, with the large back strap, for my 308. The smaller rifle felt like it didn't need as large of a grip. I'm trying to keep this rifle more compact. The Troy grip is surprisingly comfortable. My hands are a Med/Lg glove (depending on the maker). I'd bet if my hands were any bigger I'd have issues. My itty-bitty wife thinks it fits great in her hands. The plastic is strong and it looks to be a lot thicker than most other grips. You know when you grab something, and it just feels more sturdy? Well this grip feels a lot more sturdy than an A2 grip, maybe even more sturdy than my MIAD???

The CMC trigger is going to take some getting used to. It feels funny, not in a bad way, but only because it's different. I might do some light sanding to the little nub at the end of the trigger. It's just big enough to be noticed when the edge of your finger rests on it. The trigger pulls very light. I'm guessing it's got to be at the advertised 3.5# mark. If you're looking for it, there is ever-so-slightly a noticeable creep. I didn't notice it at first, and I thought I was just lucky enough to get a trigger with it. Sloooow squeezes produced the creep. I found that if I pull the trigger when in 'safe' it takes up the creep for my first shot. The nice really thing is, if I spent 3 minutes putting that trigger in... It's because I spent 2 of those minutes wondering why I hadn't bought one of thee triggers before?!? I'm very tempted to buy another one for my 308.

I'm sure you already know this, but if you decide to mate a Mega lower to the MUR upper, the GTR-3S will blend better at the back than the GTR-3H that your using in this build, because it's not squared off at the back and matches the MUR profile better.

The Mega monolithic AR-15 upper,I think, matches the squared off contour of the GTR-3H upper that you are using on the 10mm build. The GTR-3S, on the other hand, is designed to match the contour of the mil spec uppers, so it (in my opinion) matches up aesthetically to the MUR. You really have the option of either one depending on what your preference is, separate rail or monolithic upper.

The  Rainier Ultra match that you've listed looks a lot like the Noveske Afghan I used for my .223 Mega carbine, but for a much better price. I think that Noveske uses the same Shilen blanks for their barrels. The Rainier branded parts seem to be as good or better than the big names but for much better prices. I hear that the Rainier AR 15 uppers are also excellent.

I got lost in the conversation, and that's my fault...  :o

Mega lowers - 3H matches their lines for their billet upper, and that's stripped or Monolithic upper.

Mega 3S lowers match most forged uppers.

Rainier Arms Billet UltraMatch Uppers are friggin' sweet.  I bought one to mate to my ARFCOM billet lower, and it's a match made in heaven.  I liked it so much that I bought a second one to mate to my SBR lower 11.5" 5.56 gun (whenever that will get sent and approved...).  That upper (SWEET!) is a damn good match to it's Aero Precision forged lower. 

Hope this helps, even if I'm way off-topic and confused...  :o ;D