• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Noreen Firearms

Michael Hurley

Noreen Firearms makes a 308,it's called BN308. I have some what of a owner manual with,that really does not go in to many details how to disassemble and clean it. I have wrote a few company asking for help to donate a butt to the rifle,because I had neck surgery and a stock I need is a butt stock where the chin moves up. We'll that not went so well asking for that kind support because people now day is only wanting one thing money to line their pockets.

What I am needing help with on the BN308.

1.) Change out butt from the stock A2 Butt

( the one I seen and love to have is made by Magpul and cost $245.00 wow)

2.) A kit to disassemble the AR 308 down to the barrel so I can take it to a gun shop, so a muzzle brake can be installed. Kit will also help me with cleaning the AR308.

3) A vise I can use to put the rifle in why I disassemble. I seen some nice one,but I am on a fixed income, disable with a rare disease called retroperitoneal fibrosis.

Any help this forum can give,I be honored,thank you for you time

Attachment.jpg

Attachment.jpg

Welcome from AZ!

There isn't too much experience with Noreen on the forum.  Collectively though, we can most likely get the answers to all your questions figured out.

1:  Which MagPul stock?  Your choice may well necessitate replacing the receiver extension (buffer tube) and stock.  For that matter, Noreen may use a proprietary extension but for their cost, I doubt it.

2:  A "kit" may be as simple as getting something like a 308AR multi-tool.  Again, we are going to need you to take a closer look at what is actually on the Noreen.  Something like this hopefully:  http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/wrenches/ar-style-308-armorers-wrench-prod72393.aspx

3:  Any good bench vise will work.  You just need the proper inserts for clamping down on your AR without damaging it.  Not sure if they will fit the Noreen but Brownell's has vise inserts:  http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/bench-vise-blocks/ar-style-308-lower-receiver-vise-block-prod31698.aspx

What other tools do you have at your disposal?

I will start off by saying thank you folks for being nice. All the other forums people have been rude,and not even try to answer my questions. So thank you for being nice. 

1.) The stock I have ask support to get,because I have had neck surgery on is Magpul https://www.magpul.c.

2.) I bought Winchester punch set is the only tools I bought. I did not want to buy something I did not need.

As I said thank you all for being nice.

Welcome from Indiana brother Michael,doesn't look like thier is a charging handel on the rear of upper reciever.You could do a couple of things' 1- get some styrofoam about 1 1/2" thick and shape what you need and tape it on or 2- this : http://www.midwayusa.com/product/643824/bell-and-carlson-cvt-adjustable-cheek-rest-ar-15-a2-buttstock-aluminum-and-kydex-black the MapPul precision stock you are referring to is nice with lots of adjustment but it's also heavy.Just so you know.Look up cheekrisers for A2 stock and there are many options.As for changing muzzel device mine are done for less than $40.00.I recently have a barrel cut down,threaded and had a comp welded on for $110.00.For the price of the tools needed ,how many devices to you plan on changing in the future to make it worth while?Just my 2 mags.

LUTH-AR stock this is a very nice stock. And it would work. I just hate being disable cause it will take me some time to get that stock.

This BN308/AR308 is the most powerful rifle I every oned. The company Noreen Firearms act like it's a big secret how to disassemble their rifle and put it back togeather. I am someone that believes we should know every part of a rifle our gun,so he can be cleaned properly.

I am the same way with my vehicle I have every owned. I had to slow down cause of my rare disease retroperitoneal fibrosis https://www.gofundme and the surgery I had in the last 3 years. 

As I have said you folk are so nice. Other forum instead of helping just came off like trolls. Thanks so much and keep you though and your know how coming. Cause I building a list of what I need to twink the BN308 I bought.

LUTH-AR stock this is a very nice stock. And it would work. I just hate being disable cause it will take me some time to get that stock.

This BN308/AR308 is the most powerful rifle I every oned. The company Noreen Firearms act like it's a big secret how to disassemble their rifle and put it back togeather. I am someone that believes we should know every part of a rifle our gun,so he can be cleaned properly.

I am the same way with my vehicle I have every owned. I had to slow down cause of my rare disease retroperitoneal fibrosis https://www.gofundme and the surgery I had in the last 3 years. 

As I have said you folk are so nice. Other forum instead of helping just came off like trolls. Thanks so much and keep you though and your know how coming. Cause I building a list of what I need to twink the BN308 I bought. So far this is all the tools I have picked out a Winchester  punch set, to remove the pins.

Thanks again for your help. 

20151219_152800.jpg