• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Primary Arms 1-6x24 ACSS 5.56/7.62x51 -- Anybody Running One?

I've been looking for a lower-powered scope since I bought my LR-308T. The 3-12x50 that's on it is great for punching paper, but I believe it'll be a bit much for my "real" purpose -- hog hunting. 

I've looked at just about every option out there $400 and under (on a budget -- baby due 12/28), and the PA 1-6x24 is a real contender. I especially like the fact that, according to StrelokPro, the reticle should be dern-near dead-on out to 800 yards at 6x magnification.

Not that I intend to be taking shots at hogs further than, say, 200 yards (most within 150), but it's nice to know.

Anyhow... Anybody running one? What are your thoughts?

Edited by COBrien

I have the 5.56 version. I keep knocking around the idea of getting the 300Blk/7.62x39 version. It's a great scope for the price. If you're not trying to do "serious" shooting, then it's more than adequate. A comparable scope from any of the big names would easily be $1k.

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2016 at 11:05 PM, Robocop1051 said:

I have the 5.56 version. I keep knocking around the idea of getting the 300Blk/7.62x39 version. It's a great scope for the price. If you're not trying to do "serious" shooting, then it's more than adequate. A comparable scope from any of the big names would easily be $1k.

I got the x39 sitting in the cart right now.