• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sierria 155 gr. Match Kings

survivalshop

I just got 500 of these from Wideners for $ 99 , couldn't pass it up , because this is my wt. Bullet I'm loading for now on . I have 155 gr. Amax & Nosler 155 gr. that I have a buch of load data on already with the 18" ( I have an offer on this rifle , I may not refuse ) & my 16" , I will take the 20" 16" & 18 " for some testing with this & the others shortly with all Chromo data & Targets .

DSCN2683.JPG

This is from left to right , Amax, Nosler & SMK , if you look close , the Amax & Nosler have some lines at the nose of the Bullet , Maybe from Swaging , the ones on the Amax are hard to see , but the Noshers are quite apparent , where as there is not marks on the SMK's.

DSCN2685.JPG

DSCN2684.JPG

Edited by survivalshop

I gave my reasoning in the other older thread I started on this wt. Bullet , but will give it again , I have no where close to shoot 1K , so 2-300 yards is about all I will shoot or actually be able to shoot in real life , so why pay the extra $ for the heavies , not to mention my testing with 149 gr. M80 Ball & these 155 gr. , shows there is very little difference in where they print , just a much better Grouping with the 155 gr. , so I can pick up any box of Ball 7.62x51 & not have to change a thing on scope settings.

If there are some left next week , I will probably order another box or two . I think Sierra is phasing out this Bullet & going with their Palma version . 98 showed a comparison on the other Thread

sierrapalma1.jpg

Edited by survivalshop

• 2 weeks later...

I have some Chromo results from shooting Tuesday from the 18" Criterion Barrel ( 10 shots @ 100 yards  ) , these results are with my Magneto-speed Chronograph . The results I copied & pasted of the 155 Amax & 155 Nosler Match were with my RCBS Chromo ..

Case     primer     Bullet/ weight    Powder       Charge wt.             Avg. Velocity         ES            SD            Temp.

LC       CCI                  SMK  155gr.      Tac              43.0 gr.                2793                     61              33               95 deg.

I don't like the ES & SD , but hey shot very good , I had to walk down the SMK to the center of the target , but once there ,the next six shots we in one raged hole , so I will just keep this charge wt. & see how the load does in my 16" & 20 " bbl's. The 18" spits the SMK's out pretty fast , can't wait to see what the 16 " & 20 " do with them .Also the difference in Chrono's may have something to do with it , one is 10' away , the Magneto-speed is at the muzzle .

Below are the results with my 16" & the other two bullet types  & only 3-5 shots. The WW primers are over twenty years old .

#   Case  Primer   Powder    Chg. WT./grs .   Bullet wt/.grs.    Type   Manuf.    Avg. Vel./fps     ES /fps         SD /fps

1     FC      CCI      TAC            43                    155                AMax       Hornady         2493         94                 33

2     FC      Fed.      TAC            42                    155                match       Nosler           2492          17                  7

3      FC     WW       TAC            42                    155               match         Nosler           2481         14                  7

4       FC     CCI      TAC             43                    155               match         Nosler         2527           19                 8

5       FC     CCI       TAC             43                    155                Amax        Hornady       2602           19                9

6       LC     Fed.       4064            42                   155                match        Nosler          2361          62                27

7        LC    CCI        4064             42                   155                match        Nosler          2384          24                11

8        LC    CCI        4895             41                   155                match        Nosler          2350            7                   3

9         LC    Fed.       4895            41.5                 155                match        Nosler          2433           32                 13

10       LC     CCI       4895            41.5                  155               match        Nosler           2431          36                 18

Edited by survivalshop