• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gun shows

PantherPlayer

Anyone have any gun shows coming up around your areas?  Here in Oklahoma there's one in OKC this weekend that I don't know much about, BUT March 10-11 there is a SLIGHTLY larger show in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  Anyone ever heard of the Wanemacher gun show?  It's only one of, if not the, biggest shows in the world.  I plan to be at that one, wouldn't miss it actually.  Just curious to see if anyone else would be going, and seeing what else was coming up in the world of gun shows.

Pretty common here in VA, and some good ones.  Dulles Expo Center about 4 times a year hosts the Nations Gun Show.  1,000 tables, and they're always filled.  Makes you tired trying to look for something specific, as spread out as it is.  There are smaller local ones all over - I hit up one that's not far from the house, and it's every other month.

Prices haven't been anything to write home about, but I've been seeing them come down a little.  Ammo was finally "buy-able" at one earlier this month.  That's the show I nailed the DPMS LR stripped lower at.  $325 with a "free" DPMS LPK for it. 

I did snatch a CMMG .22 conversion for the 15s last fall for $125, mags for it @ $15 ea.  That was a good deal. 

You guys seeing any good prices yet at the ones near you?

lol Honestly I couldn't tell ya what they are like price-wise.  I haven't been to one since I went to the wanamacher last year where I bought my LR-308.  Gimme a couple weeks n I'll tell you what I see.  I know exactly what you mean about getting tired, I bought my rifle at about 9 in the morning and then was carrying it around til about 7 if I remember right.  Those lr-308 are heavy....they get a whoooole lot heavier after humping one five hours lol.  Well worth it though, it was fun and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

A couple of friends and I had a couple tables at the last Tulsa wanamacher show, It is awesome, almost too awesome, the show is so big, its almost too much.  I was there for 2.5 days and didnt see it all.  I can't wait to go back though, we will probably have a table again, I will let you know if we do and you can come holler at us Panther.  We have some local shows Wichita Falls, Tx, and I usually get a table at that one, but it is small, although I always seem to find a deal or two.  I also go to the Dallas Market Hall show, Mesquite Big Town, and the Fort Worth show several times a year.  They are very good shows and I can always find what I am looking for.  But I must say Tulsa is the SHOW OF SHOWS!

That's no excuse madhouse!! I post from my phone regularly and don't have any problems! lol  Yeah you should definitely do that bandit.  I'm gonna be there for sure.  I only had all day saturday to look last year and will be the same this year, but I felt like I got most of the stuff seen.  I'm sure there were a few things I missed though lol

LOL, it was the first time I had used the little texting keypad.    ;D

That Wanamacher show sounds very cool!!

It seems for the past coupe of years, internet prices have been better than what I can find locally, so I've been doing most of my shopping from the lazy-boy.  It's always great though to go walk around a huge place loaded with guns and ammo!!    8)

It's cool to see what different vendors try to get for their wares, too, and the huge varience in pricing.  I've been watching the SA M1A SOCOM IIs at the shows, for example.  One guy at the last show was charging $1,899.  A few rows over, another guy wanted $2,399.  If I ever walk in there with the intention of talking one home, I'll pit them against each other...

• 3 weeks later...

Maine Gun Shows

Sanford, ME - March 20th & 21st 2010

Sanford Arsenal

Lewiston, ME - March 27th & 28th 2010

Lewiston Armory

Newport, ME -April  10th & 11th 2010 

Sebasticook Community Center    (Former National Guard Armory) 

Biddeford, ME April  24th & 25th 2010

Biddeford Ice Arena

Augusta, ME - August 28th & 29th 2010

Augusta Civic Center

Bangor, ME - Sept. 11th & 12th 2010

Bangor Auditorium

Sanford, ME - Sept. 2010

Sanford Arsenal

Waterville, Maine - Oct. 2010

Champions Fitness Club

Waterville, ME - January 2011

Champions Fitness Club