• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gun shows

PantherPlayer

<lmao>

So...I talked to him about the IRA lower today.  He made it sound like IFF the lower was purchased, it would be swapped with his DPMS lower on his already completed build...

<lmao> <lmao> <lmao> <lmao>    Riiiiiiigghht! <lmao>

But hey, If you DID do it that way...and sold the DPMS, that IRA wouldn't really cost you all that much <thumbsup>

But hey, If you DID do it that way...and sold the DPMS, that IRA wouldn't really cost you all that much <thumbsup>

Not even fair - you didn't even give me the thought about selling that DPMS lower to recover IRA costs... 

But you just did now!!!  <thumbsup> ;D

DPMS stripped lower for sale, $200...  <laughs>

<lmao>

Let me try this.

Tom...... DON'T DO IT!

<laughs>

Really though.  Save your money.  I need to start thinking about doing the same thing.  Otherwise, we're gonna have to do some hunting in a much more affordable region. <thumbsup>

I attended several of the Dallas and Mesquite gun shows several years ago with some gun-knowedgeable buddies from work.  Prices were generally high back then except for some of the refugees from Czarist Russia.  Those ancient Russian rifles and ammo for them were the specialty of my buddy. 

I am more comfortable buying new from a known dealer unless it is something like ammo I can't find anywhere else.  When I need something or have an itch I visit my favorite gunshop just a couple of miles away and then make a trip to Cheaper Than Dirt and Cabella's in Ft. Worth. 

My little gunshop usually matches anybody's prices for the merchandise they carry and sometimes beats internet prices.  Sales tax is less than shipping.  Primers and powder cannot be bought on-line because of the shipping charges. 

The famous stores in Ft. Worth sometimes have a lot of things not available easily anywhere else?

MidwayUSA is an initial place to check for prices and availability,  a source of last resort sometimes,  and often I just call and buy.

Brownell's is great!  I have bought a lot of parts from them for several guns and have received good assistance picking out appropriate or workable parts,  BUT.  If I do not have a known Brownell's specific name for a part or,  better,  part number then I just go elsewhere.  I find that I cannot cope with the Brownell's website.  When I get desperate I dig up the paper catalogue and get my magnifying glass.