• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTB: .308AR in the Tampa Bay, FL area

buttonbuck

I have viewed a couple of AR's in the past days from ArmsList and was bitterly disappointed.  Poorly maintained across the board and one was even non functional.  I had to beg the guy to let me break it down and once I did it was clearly a scam.  

So I figured I would try my luck at possibly finding a local 308AR member who has a rifle looking for a new home.  Don't need anything fancy and cost containment is important, but I also realize you get what you pay for in many respects.  I don't need fancy trigger upgrades, furniture, slings, cases, glass or anything else.  I have more scopes and ancillary equipment than anyone should probably own.  A bare bones rifle and a single mag would suit us just fine.  

Feel free to contact me if you are local and while I do thank you for any offers from abroad I just like to operate where I can put my hands on what I'm going to buy when it comes to firearms.  Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Edited by buttonbuck

3 hours ago, buttonbuck said:

I have viewed a couple of AR's in the past days from ArmsList and was bitterly disappointed.  Poorly maintained across the board and one was even non functional.  I had to beg the guy to let me break it down and once I did it was clearly a scam.  

So I figured I would try my luck at possibly finding a local 308AR member who has a rifle looking for a new home.  Don't need anything fancy and cost containment is important, but I also realize you get what you pay for in many respects.  I don't need fancy trigger upgrades, furniture, slings, cases, glass or anything else.  I have more scopes and ancillary equipment than anyone should probably own.  A bare bones rifle and a single mag would suit us just fine.  

Feel free to contact me if you are local and while I do thank you for any offers from abroad I just like to operate where I can put my hands on what I'm going to buy when it comes to firearms.  Thanks for your time and have a great day.

Sounds like to me that you are in the market for a new in the box DPMS LR308. Hang in there I bet prices are due to drop in a few weeks.

On 11/27/2016 at 7:36 PM, 392heminut said:

Great deal right here and only about a 1&1/2 hour drive from you. Also, the owner Chris Reideman is a member here and great to deal with!

http://www.livefreearmory.com/product/lf308-16-tactical-carbine/

Thanks they have been on my radar for some time just backordered.  Great looking stuff.  After all my used searching and inspections I'm thinking I might have to ditch the Christmas time frame for dad and just wait it out and get him one of these LFA's when they fill.  Not having been a regular used firearm guy from people I don't know I have been shocked at the disrepair and condition of the rifles I went to see off ArmsList.  Y I K E S.  Perhaps not indicative of the masses, but I've seen enough to lean back new if I don't know the person.

• 1 month later...