• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

the build starts

Hi BGC    Thanks...ill go check it out!  Geez one could use the barrel alone for a weapon...lol  hope my girlfriend can handle the rifle cause  its for her birthday...no kidding....she didnt think much of my 6.8 spc...said it was a weenie round....soo she gets this one...you think she will call it a weenie round?....lol    Wash

It,s going to be heavy when its done. Mine is uncomfortable to carry on my shoulder for an extended time.

Hey Bgc  funny you sgould say that...just what my gf said...lol

yikes on the brass marks!...ive inspected mine...lookin good!

We are just leaving to go get the Mega...the last of the parts came in today....troy extreme battlerail...sweet...nikon 6x18x40...sweet

500 rounds assorted amoo...boom!  build party in 2 hours...be there or be square!  Ha!      :)  Wash

Party ay washguy's place!

...anyone got directions?

Dadgum  We had lobster,tenderloin,veggies,beer, wine, and champagne,but no one showed up....whats up with that?....lol

build started at 9pm and we finished at 11

heres some pics....mega ma10,dpms sass 18" barrel,rr nm trigger,dpms chrome bolt,tubbs flat wire spring, troy 13" extreme battle rail, nikon 6x18x40 scope on burris cantilever mount...sheesh now i need to hire a gun bearer.....lol  :)  Wash

post-692-136297266144_thumb.jpg

post-692-136297266146_thumb.jpg

That's a fine looking boomstick you ended up with.  Nice job.  <thumbsup>

Hi  98z5v    Thank you!  If it wasnt for this fine forum I wouldnt have built one. the rifle is for my girlfriend....you think she will let me shoot it?  lol

I had some a2 stocks laying around,so thats why its on...

Whats your opinon on carbine adjustable stocks? Both of my 6.8's have them, but im thinkin the fixed might be a little bit more balanced?

:)  Wash

Whats your opinon on carbine adjustable stocks? Both of my 6.8's have them, but im thinkin the fixed might be a little bit more balanced?

:)  Wash

For an adjustable stock with some weight, the best you'll do is with the MagPul UBR.  I've got that on a 16" 5.56 recce-type gun, and it's sweet.  It's kinda heavy, and there's nothing on the planet that's as solid as that, when you look at adjustable-length stocks - no other adjustable stock on the market locks up solid like that beast.  That thing is rock-f'ing-solid no matter what position it's in. 

If you wanted to add some more weight to the PRS, I could come up with some ways to do it - you could drill that thing and add some tungsten weights to it.  There are areas you can drill it out and not affect any part of it's function.  I'm just sayin'... 

Hi  98Z5V

oooops I ment whats a good car stock to lighten the weight?

And a note on the first rounds through the new build....shot a box of privi soft point..no problemos....shot some dag surplus....no problemos.... shot another box of privi partizen soft point had some blown primers....wtf?  then I guess a particle got wedged in bcg...so it was locked up....put rifle on bench called range officer over....he then took a rubber hammer and whacked the charging handle which then  unlocked the bcg and nicley bent the charging handle and caused a lockup furhter down ....geeeez  i promptly left the range to go back home and finished removing the bcg.......geez now i ive got to order another charging handle......sheesh  I think the privi is the cause i googled and found out that some batches had blown primer symptoms....surely not a headspace problemo    never never had this happen to a new build been doing builds since 1992    geeeez  :)  Wash