• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Trigger weights

B0fuh

Hey everyone, I am curious if anyone has any info on weights of various trigger groups.   My questions are mostly regarding the weight (not pull weight) of various drop ins and standard for my light weight build. I assume the drop in triggers tend to be a little heavier but have no real knowledge to back it up and the only weight manufacturers seem to care about is pull weight. I'm not about to spring for the trigger just yet but figured a little research wouldn't hurt.  

Thanks in advance   

1 hour ago, B0fuh said:

Hey everyone, I am curious if anyone has any info on weights of various trigger groups.   My questions are mostly regarding the weight (not pull weight) of various drop ins and standard for my light weight build. I assume the drop in triggers tend to be a little heavier but have no real knowledge to back it up and the only weight manufacturers seem to care about is pull weight. I'm not about to spring for the trigger just yet but figured a little research wouldn't hurt.  

Thanks in advance   

Idk if I would be worrying about trigger mass weight, as I would more so the key heavy parts like barrel handgaurd and what not. I guess every little bit counts, but yea...

It's definitely not a major concern.  Just one of those cliché ounces make pounds things.  I'm already going with titanium everywhere possible, homemade carbon fiber handguard, and proof research barrel.  I have the weight saved where it counts already.  I'm to the point where if I can find several high quality trigger groups, I might be swayed in one direction based on the weight.  I ultimately won't sacrifice function in lieu of weight though, I'm extremely happy with how the final product is coming together.  

In my opinion it's the perfect option for me combining as much weight savings as possible while maintaining as much "heavy barrel" characteristics as possible in a 16" barrel.  That's another example where function takes the edge in priority over weight in my build.  

Edited by B0fuh

STD MiSpec FCG , minus the Pins, weighed 2.3 oz. , so as far as the Modular FCG I just got made by James Madison Tactical, the weight difference is what, 0.1 oz. , not worth thinking about . Not sure how a Geissele will compare to a STD MilSpec FCG , but doubt it will be much more .  

Also not sure what Weight difference would be between the JMT FCG & say a Rough Justice FCG . I'll bet its not worth thinking about or comparing .

Edited by survivalshop