• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Brownell's Barrel Recall

4 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's REALLY cool how they stepped right up like that - impressive customer service.  :thumbup:

That's why I've been a customer of theirs for over thirty years . The one I purchased last year was a 16" , Mid gas , barrel . Haven't gotten an email . Looks like all Carbine & Rifle gas systems , no ?

Edited by survivalshop

6 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I think they are talking about the ones they Brand with their name , mine was a Brownells brand Barrel .

I bought the DoubleStar barrel through Brownell's last year when there was a mid-year sale.  I got it cheaper via Brownell's that I did J&T Distributing.  It's chrome-lined with the A1 front sight gas block installed and it 1-9" twist.  Have not installed it yet as I am waiting on my stamp to come in from ATF for the SBR build I bought the barrel for.  Should only have 1-2 months left to wait.

I did breathe a sigh of relief when I looked my order history up and cross-checked the item numbers.  I still have the box and all it came in but I really didn't want to hassle with shipping stuff back and forth.