• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New 20" barrel, now it short strokes

I am a new member and am late to the party. I aquired a DPMS Oracle from an estate sale along with a couple of hundred rounds of LC 175 gr, LROT ammo. The first few rounds were Tulamo steel. First round fired and cycled, next round half-cycled, tried two more with the same results and ended up with brokenn cases and had to drive it out of the chamber. After that it did it with the LC factory loads. I replaced the barrel, gas block and tube. It didn't help, I replaced the BCG same problem. Seems strange after replacing all these parts it won't cycle and to extract an empty takes a Dowel and a Hammer hitting it harder than I would like.

a a bad ammo1.JPG

a a bad ammo.JPG

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The steel cased.  Get rid of it.  There's alot more that needs addressed.  New gun?  Old gun?  First shots fired, and you used the steel cased?  You picked up a "DPMS Oracle" - but was it a factory built gun, or something that someone built?

Here's the kind of information that we need, to solve this over the internet.  And get rid of the steel cased ammo, whilst trying to work this problem out.

Check it:

1 hour ago, Kenneth Lee said:

I am a new member and am late to the party.

This entire post of yours is better served, in it's own thread - not piggy-backed off this thread here.

I highly suggest that you start your own thread on this - with all the information that you put up here, in this one.  Additionally, hit up the Intro Section, and tell us about yourself.  Free information only goes so far, for first-time posters.  Become one with the community.  :thumbup:

12 hours ago, Kenneth Lee said:

Sorry! I should have gone to the intro page first. The firearm was a lightly used gun and all stock.I only fired a few steel cased and then dumped them. I will start a new thread thanks.

We'll get all in it in the new thread, and figure out what's going on.  We'll get your gun running.  :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2021 at 8:12 AM, Kenneth Lee said:

Sorry! I should have gone to the intro page first. The firearm was a lightly used gun and all stock.I only fired a few steel cased and then dumped them. I will start a new thread thanks.

Stick around, man - we can sort your gun out.  Post up the details, and we'll work on it.   :thumbup: