• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone make a small frame .308 80 lower?

MrPaul

Exactly....pof not dpms gen 2. Dpms g2 has a special barrel extension that will not fit a regular 308 ar barrel.  Pof may also have a shorter extension but I haven't found out yet so I'm looking for info on the subject.  Just what we need....more stuff to cloud compatibility issues in the 308 ar world.  FYI Adams arms makes one you can get for about 1500 bux. Piston driven too.

Edited by MrPaul

2 hours ago, MrPaul said:

Exactly....pof not dpms gen 2. Dpms g2 has a special barrel extension that will not fit a regular 308 ar barrel.  Pof may also have a shorter extension but I haven't found out yet so I'm looking for info on the subject.  Just what we need....more stuff to cloud compatibility issues in the 308 ar world.  FYI Adams arms makes one you can get for about 1500 bux. Piston driven too.

Yes , but both are considered as small frame 308AR's , I like POF's idea & it too is a Piston system .

Yup... the pof revolution is a bad mamajama. They claim the 10.5" sbr weighs only 6.1 lbs piston and all. I guess I'll have to wait for them to come out with a small frame 80 before I can build one.  Someone is making stand alone barrel extensions for the g2 so its coming.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
8 hours ago, DefenseDepot said:

The FCG pocket is actually identical to an AR15, so if you were using a manual mill you could zero off the back of the frame, or the takedown pin hole. 

Perfect. I can reverse engineer the mounts for my 5D jig.