• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Make the States follow the 2nd

I have always felt the role of the federal government laid out in the 2nd was to protect the right to bear arms country wide, meaning protect the citizens from state or local governments infringing on that right. Seems like plain English and common sense to me. Never have understood how my ancestors allowed things to get where they are now. It would be nice to see action on this instead of just talk.

47 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I have always felt the role of the federal government laid out in the 2nd was to protect the right to bear arms country wide, meaning protect the citizens from state or local governments infringing on that right. Seems like plain English and common sense to me. Never have understood how my ancestors allowed things to get where they are now. It would be nice to see action on this instead of just talk.

The idea of the federal government protecting the rights of anyone except a "protected class" is just laughable today.  If you aren't a parasite Washington just doesn't care.

On 8/1/2017 at 7:09 AM, jtallen83 said:

I've looked in to this on and off throughout the years and it appears the trend for states to be allowed to run roughshod over our Constitutional rights began right after, and somewhat as a result of, our Civil War.  This is definitely how it came about in Texas.  A lot of the returning Confederates were killing the carpet baggers and this eventually led to the handgun restrictions that were in place until 1995.

On 8/1/2017 at 7:58 AM, EngrBob said:

The idea of the federal government protecting the rights of anyone except a "protected class" is just laughable today.  If you aren't a parasite Washington just doesn't care.

It's just like Russia after the Bolshevik revolution.  Your rights and status and eventually your freedoms were dependent upon and restricted by your political alignment.  This is one of the ways the communists maintain control once they have the upper hand.