Hello from the Texas Gulf Coast

mley1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK, y'all. This is not a good time for my agency, or my facility. I just found out through Facebook that my facility is in immediate danger of a catastrophic breach of the GCWA lake across the street from my facility. I work as a corrections officer at the Carole Young Medical Facility in Texas City, TX. It's a TDCJ prison hospital. I tried calling the unit to get instruction, and couldn't get through. It's eating me up that I can't get to them to help with the evac. Please keep our corrections staff, and the offenders, in y'alls prayers. If the levi breaches, there will be many deaths as a result. They are in a precarious position.

I'm currently on my regular days off, today being the first. I offered to stay last night and work my days off, but they sent me home. Now, I wish I'd stayed. My co-workers are like family to me. I've known many of them the better part of 35yrs. PLEASE keep them in your prayers. This is BAD, very bad.

Facebook post about my facility.

1 hour ago, mley1 said:

OK, y'all. This is not a good time for my agency, or my facility. I just found out through Facebook that my facility is in immediate danger of a catastrophic breach of the GCWA lake across the street from my facility. I work as a corrections officer at the Carole Young Medical Facility in Texas City, TX. It's a TDCJ prison hospital. I tried calling the unit to get instruction, and couldn't get through. It's eating me up that I can't get to them to help with the evac. Please keep our corrections staff, and the offenders, in y'alls prayers. If the levi breaches, there will be many deaths as a result. They are in a precarious position.

I'm currently on my regular days off, today being the first. I offered to stay last night and work my days off, but they sent me home. Now, I wish I'd stayed. My co-workers are like family to me. I've known many of them the better part of 35yrs. PLEASE keep them in your prayers. This is BAD, very bad.

I highly suggest TDCJ gets a special ops unit there for an evacuation.  Isn't that facility a medical facility for like surgeries, birth delivery, etc.,?

GRA, yes it's a medical facility. It's co gender also. We have pregnant women, women with different medical problems, and men with medical problems. We also have a dorm with trusties that work on the unit. The trusty dorm is immediately across the street from the reservoir. It looks like the evac order was lifted.

20 minutes ago, mley1 said:

GRA, yes it's a medical facility. It's co gender also. We have pregnant women, women with different medical problems, and men with medical problems. We also have a dorm with trusties that work on the unit. The trusty dorm is immediately across the street from the reservoir. It looks like the evac order was lifted.

Right now @ 7:08 PM I'm looking south towards Ellington and I can see a blue sky with the sun trying to recover.  Mostly very little rain now.

From the map you posted it looks like 146 may be full drained for access by Thursday.

18 minutes ago, mley1 said:

ALSO, the Texas City Emergency Management Center lifted the evac order for my facility. They say they're 90% sure the levy is now safe. So, that's more good news!!!

Is the levy you're referring to the Texas City Dike?

6 minutes ago, GRA said:

Is the levy you're referring to the Texas City Dike?

No, it's the levy that holds in the Galveston County Water Authority reservoir, which is across the street from our facility. It's a large reservoir on the west side of 146 just south of the Dickinson bayou bridge.

2 minutes ago, mley1 said:

No, it's the levy that holds in the Galveston County Water Authority reservoir, which is across the street from our facility. It's a large reservoir on the west side of 146 just south of the Dickinson bayou bridge.

OK I think I know what you're talking about now.  Passed it many times just didn't pay much attention.

Got word that the evac order was lifted for my facility. The GCWA says the repairs to the levy will. They are 90% sure. My facility moved all the inmates to the second floor of the main building. I volunteered to go in, but they advised to stay home and come in on my regular work day. Also, weather reports are now saying we have dry air moving in. So the rain should be stopping soon.

There's ACTUAL sunshine this morning!!!! We had Air National Guard helo's all around our area last night making rescues. We also had a large deployment of National Guard that deployed on Galveston Island. We have curfews everywhere. We are glad to see help coming for area!! I just want to say publicly how much TEXAS APPRECIATES all of the help we have gotten, and continue to get!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

16 minutes ago, mley1 said:

There's ACTUAL sunshine this morning!!!! We had Air National Guard helo's all around our area last night making rescues. We also had a large deployment of National Guard that deployed on Galveston Island. We have curfews everywhere. We are glad to see help coming for area!! I just want to say publicly how much TEXAS APPRECIATES all of the help we have gotten, and continue to get!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!!

Yes indeed ... Texas DOES appreciate the help.

And from my backyard I do see a pastel blue sky with some sun finally coming out.  Good to see.  :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off today through Saturday. We're having beautiful weather now. Sunshine, cooler, dryer temps. And best of all my upper and lower came in from PSA!! I got her put together, all cleaned up and lubed, and scope mounted. It came real dry like most folks have reported. It wasn't real dirty. Everything went together real nice. The fit between upper and lower isn't as tight as my Wyndham Weaponry AR15. There is a slight amount of play between the upper and lower, not much, just a little. The fit, finish and movement of all the other parts appears to be excellent. The finish on the entire gun looks real nice. Got the scope bore sighted. Now I just gotta hit the range, and see what she'll do. 

IMG_1956.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG