• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Jacob's S&W video

bubbas4570

Jacob, I agree with you 100%. Not only with the S&W trigger, but also on the Ruger American series triggers...I did not purchase one of those for this very reason. I'm not sure why, but almost all of the triggers with the safety levers in them give me some type of hangup at one time or another, and this is the reason for me to stay with the hammer fired system on a pistol-CZ75 style clones at the moment, or as it used to be, 1911's.

During a training session lately, my teacher had me try out his Glock, and even though I didn't have a trigger blockage, I was very cognizant of the trigger safety within the pull during drills.....a distraction one does not need. Maybe I have sloppy finger technique or something, but a failure rate of "alot" is too much during something like a self defense situation. Range toy time.....totally different. I am so cognizant of this problem; that one of the few pistols that have worked for me is the Ruger SR series, and even those are not 100%; that trigger reach and grip fit is paramount for me during a "looksy" at any new pistol.

I do not have small hands, nor are they large, but I am plagued by not having the ability to trip those safeties 100% of the time......so you guys are not alone.

I carry one daily & shoot drawing from concealed at the range practicing  . I have never heard of or seen anyone with a integral trigger safety have an issue , this is the first time I've heard of it . Not saying its impossible , because it happened to Jacob , but now I'm going to have to ask around .

Which is worse a Handgun that doesn't go off or one that goes off if you drop it exactly at a certain angle on the Beavertail of the back of the Grip ? The Drop fire is the only reason I'm not carrying the P320C .:laffs:

Now I have to try mine .

I know what you guys are saying.  Any trigger with that integral safety makes one have to use better trigger discipline than I have developed over years of shooting. I can only claim to have a slightly lazy/sideways way of initially pulling on a handgun trigger....that is the how of why I agree with Jacob. Not that there is anything wrong with said triggers, just that we seem to have the same way of initializing the trigger stroke.

The only safety trigger that never gave me any problem is the G36 I had.

Understood and I agree.

My XD45 worked well for me, but I did notice a slight tendency to not trip that safety 100%. My G36, never noticed a problem. Maybe I just need a girl's (or dwarf) sized pistol grip when shooting these style of triggers.

I will say that there is very likely NO problems that cannot be overcome with corrective training in this sense, but I tend to lean ot a fix that works 100% of the time, and is the simplest, for me.....not using these style of triggers.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang you guys are making me feel bad for not being around!!!

So, most people wont have this trigger problem, because they have what is normally referred to as "man hands", as to what I have, which my grandmother refers to as "piano fingers".

Dangit grandma! lol

But seriously, I went to the lgs and held a full size mandp 2.0, and finger right in the middle of the trigger, had the same problem. The guy behind the counter was baffled, as I did it and had issues, and he didn't. But his pointer finger was the size of my thumb or bigger... sssoooooo