• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

FAR-308 M110

geronimocmc

I'm kind of new to the AR-10 game. I really like the Knights M110, but not being indepedently wealthy, I've been looking at options to get something similar. I came across Fulton Armory's FAR-308 that is basically an M110 clone. Anyone have any experience on them? I haven't seen many used ones out there, and it just seems they are not super common. Is this for a bad reason?

Thanks.

No experience with that specific model but I just built a rifle from nearly all Fulton Armory parts. The fit and finish of the receivers and handguard was fantastic, very tight tolerances. They have a reputation for great quality and customer service. I emailed with a question a couple times and had a response the next day. They had forgot to pack the rail sections for the handguard, I got them 4 days after the email was sent. I just started the break in but it is already putting out some nice groups. I think they may be scarce on the used market because they are so well liked.

Thats what I was kind of thinking. I wont even be using this rifle to its full potential. If im shooting mostly around 300 yards, maybe 500 on occasion, just punching holes in paper for fun, I am not positive the 500 bucks difference is worth it. Cost versus reward. Its no question the Kreiger is a better barrel but I dont know if its worth the money to just goof around.

Criterion barrels are great.  All of mine are shooters.  I was skeptical back in the day, but these guys backed them so I slung money that way.  The M110 profile can be a bit of a beast.   

The question comes up from time to time about the Krieger vs Criterion on their AR barrels.  The Krieger will be a shooter...I have only heard of one that gave a guy some trouble....and I am pretty sure it was him and not the barrel.  The Criterion will more than likely be a shooter and if not, Steve at Criterion will jump through his rear to make it right.  Now the questions for you is have you invested enough time in shooting large frame Precision ARs and Match Ammo (or handloads) to be able to shoot (or realize) the .1 to .3 MOA difference the two barrels.........because that is really all the accuracy you are debating over. 

That being said, Seekins Precision 308s are awesome.  I recently purchased one of their 308 18 inch barrels and it is accurate and spits out decent velocities.  They are Rock Creek blanks.  

Yeah

On 10/4/2017 at 0:01 AM, StainTrain said:

Now the questions for you is have you invested enough time in shooting large frame Precision ARs and Match Ammo (or handloads) to be able to shoot (or realize) the .1 to .3 MOA difference the two barrels.........because that is really all the accuracy you are debating over.  

Well, and thats where I am. I feel like chances are the rifle likely outshoots me. I dont have enough experience with big frame ARs or match stuff, where at this stage I could out do the barrel. So I am going to grab myself a criterion. If some day down the road I still have this thing and I feel like I could do more, then we go back and add a new barrel. But, I dont think that day is coming soon. Thanks for the thoughts. 

On 9/28/2017 at 6:01 PM, jtallen83 said:

No experience with that specific model but I just built a rifle from nearly all Fulton Armory parts.

This is it.  For anything that leaves the Fulton Armory as a complete rifle,you need to understand the owner, and his past. Clint McKee.  His history goes back so far into precision firearms and precision firearms competitions, it's not even funny. He has manufactured some of the most accurate service rifles, for competition, and that is his drive.

Look into Fulton Armory, and specifically, him.  You'll understand it then.

If you buy that FAR M110, and you're not happy - tell him why, realistically, and he'll make it right. 

Don't fear anything from Fulton Armory.  :thumbup:

Here's a teaser for you...

http://www.fulton-armory.com/faqs/AR-FAQs/Barrels2.htm

Edited by 98Z5V