• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide
Sign in to follow this  
Traijin

80% Percent Arms Lower match to what upper?

I have used the 80% Arms Gen 2 jig a few times for AR15 Lowers.  I love the jig set, it' very well engineered.   

The jig does both AR15 and AR10, time to try a 308 build.

From what I gather, their 308 lower pattern is  DPMS pattern Gen 1.  They recommend an Aero Precision upper.  I have no problem with that upper, but I would like to know if anyone has have experience with fitment from an 80 Percent Arms Lower to any other upper besides an Aero Precision upper.

I would appreciate any input.

Thanks

I too am in the process of building an 80% arms 308.  I decided to go with aero's M5.  But was also told that people use CMMG's uppers without issues.

https://www.cmmginc.com/product-category/uppers-and-lowers/uppers-uppers-and-lowers/308win-uppers-uppers-and-lowers/

That is the link they provided me when I asked for some popular options to go with.  They also recommended Tool Craft BCG's because they were out of stock at the time I purchased my upper from Aero.  Hope this helps you out some.