• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Armalite?

Just checked the Armalite website. Every single complete AR10 rifle is out of stock. Plus as 98 pointed out, there are no “ B” model AR10’s listed anymore. A strange way to do business. Discontinuing B’s I understand and predicted, but can’t sell what you don’t stock. Wonder what is going on?

As a matter of fact, they are also out of stock on all “A”and “B” model AR10 uppers. Indeed, a strange way of doing business.

Edited by Sisco

Having just moved production facilities I'm betting they are still trying to get up and running. M15 are out of stock everywhere I looked as well. Haven't seen any promotional emails for months. Odds are they are finding it difficult to replace all the staff they lost with the move.

CDNN has one M15 model for sale. All that’s left from that closeout mania 3 years ago. Wonder if they will be able to recoup any market share with the way PSA has entered the market. Speaking of PSA, they might be approached about manufacturing their own private label  Gen 2magazine.

8 hours ago, Sisco said:

All that’s left from that closeout mania 3 years ago.

Armalite has only been using that handguard for maybe 3 years. Possibly they are clearing it out due to the keymod? That's a pretty nice rifle for the money;

https://www.cdnnsports.com/armalite-m15-16-5-56-light-tactical-carbine.html?___SID=U#.Wu7b4ogvwyU

56 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^  I'm almost positive that there would be patents to deal with, in a scenario like that. 

Thought about that, but it has to be close to patent expirations on them. Been since the 1990’s

4 hours ago, Sisco said:

Thought about that, but it has to be close to patent expirations on them. Been since the 1990’s

The Gen II came after the expiration of the assault weapons ban so 2004 or a bit after. before that they used the old M-14 with modification to get around the ban. Should be close to expired unless they got an extension though.

Edited by jtallen83