• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Black Aces Tactical?

Cletus

They have a kit you can buy for uhm... round 400.  Dont quote me on that My memory aint the best.  Anyway, anyone have any experience with them?  the kit comes with a receiver, internals and I think one 10 round mag(made by saiga)

Reason I ask is I got an old Mossberg 500 8 shot I could strip for parts and furniture because i want to turn that one into a slug gun with a rifled barrel.  I am not interested in buying a complete firearm/shotgun from them but doing the build.  I am mainly interested in reliability, which is a must because I use a shotgun for my primary for HD. 

Cheaper to buy a Shockwave or Tac-14. They have detachable mag versions now too.

I put about 100-150 rounds through a Shockwave last fall. By the end of the weekend I was shooting trap with it. There’s about a dozen guys on this board that were witness to that. Some jerk even had me blast off a few 3.5” shells. They hurt like hell, but weren’t uncontrollable. 

On 9/1/2018 at 7:08 AM, Robocop1051 said:

Wait... you want a slug gun for HD??? Are you defending your house... or your neighbors house... through the walls???

I do keep a few slugs in the sidesaddle just in case but as a general rule no, and neighbors are not an issue as I am in the sticks.  But I still like my exterior walls not being drafty.  I was not real clear on all that.  I use buckshot.  And no arguing with what you say about cost on shockwaves(gun deals dot com have some jaw dropping deals from time to time) and tac 14s but I am not into pistol grips, i should have said that in my original post.  I like a stock in case I need to give an intruder a love tap to the back and bottom of skull or to the face/head.  Maybe a chin check.  just in case. Its how I was trained to use a scattergun and I just do not feel comfortable deviating from that.    The mags are cheaper for the black aces than a shockwave, not sure on the remington, but as a general rule i steer away from freedom group weapons.  Cerberus.  all that.  Not trying to knock any ones toys, but I am just saying for me what i would rather not spend my money on.  every mans conscious is different.  And as a noob on this site i want to make it clear I am not trying to say dont buy them because i have an opinion, if you like/want it, do it. 

I want to basically know if black aces builds are reliable for HD or any issues known that could be fixed, or if its a pipe dream.  My mossberg shotgun i want to strip for parts to go on the B.A.T. is what i want to put a rifled barrel on and use for hunting, not for HD.  And basically leave it set up as a slug gun and then use the B.A. build as HD.  I like a scope for reaching out there with sabot slugs.   It just really appeals to me to lob a one oz. or more projectile out with decent accuracy.  And its kind of a pain to switch barrels mag tubes and sights every time i want to change platforms. 

LoLz on jerky boys demo. 

I like your style. 

BAT is definitely the OG in the SBS game. I was worried that they’d get pushed out of the market with the new options from the bigger brand names. 

Being from the Sheeples Republik of Khaliforniastan, I never get to play with fun toys unless I travel. I hear that BAT has a bigger following with our northern Canuck brethren. Something about their shotgun laws being a bit more lax than ours. 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:15 PM, Robocop1051 said:

I want a UTAS XTR12 upper. They’re supposedly compatible with a LR308 lower. My buddy has a complete shotgun and it runs on everything he feeds it. 

That is also one of my considerations.  The ability to switch between shotshells and 7.62/308 is really nice.  I am waiting to see if price drops a little more.  I may go that way anyway real soon to be able to get more for my money.  A shotgun is already way up there in versatility but that really appeals to me.  I can not find out though exactly what uppers/calibers would be compatible.  

maybe your idea of just getting the upper is better... hadnt thought about that

Edited by Cletus