• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Patience is a virtue?

BR-549

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't order anything out of the norm. I ordered a LR308 with 24" Stainless fluted barrel, forward assist/dust cover. I will build the next one myself. I figure they must be selling a poop pot full of them, which is good news as that means they will have a helluva time taking away our 2nd Amendment rights.

DPMS sells to some non US military governments. They are always in a long backlog. Once in a while somebody gets one quick when they happen to be making that particular flavor.

For the big guys in the field civilian stuff is low priority. The contract stuff comes first. Armalite does a better job making sure they keep flow into the civilian market. It's not efficient but they understand they need too.

I canceled a barrel with DPMS at the one year mark.

Ordered 6.8 SPC parts kit in January after Obama inauguration thinking it would be nice B-day present for self in February  ...promise date wound up being second week in March....OK I thought...understandable...box was on my porch one day when I got home from work...week before Thanksgiving ....I'd pretty much forgot about it....good thing wife didn't find it first..wouldn't have gotten it till X-mas ...

I sent an email to DPMS today asking why it was taking so long to get rifles out the door.

Here is their response.

"The reason for the delay it that we got a batch of 308 parts that didn't pass our QC.  We are hoping to get the problem resolved soon.  When we do we are going to do nothing but 308's until we are caught up."

That's pretty vague, but i guess it will have to suffice......... for now anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

WOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!

After 19 weeks and 1 day, my LR308 was delivered to my FFL buddy. The next 4 1/2 hours waiting to get off work to pick it up are going to seem like .......................... 19 weeks and 1 day.  :o  <laughs>

The sad part is it wasn't from DPMS, they didn't have a clue as to when they would be back to producing the 308, so I canceled that order and found one through Impact Guns.

In case you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about it.

They were ok to deal with. Before I canceled my order with DPMS, I looked online to find a broker that actually had some in stock. I personally called Impact Guns and they said they had some on hand. So, I canceled my DPMS order and ordered from Impact on 8/19. They had promised on the site that orders taken on that day would ship on or before 8/29, so the after Labor day weekend, I had my FFL call and check on it. It was a good thing I did because they evidently didn't have one in stock and had placed an order from DPMS.............. :o 

My FFl then informed them of my problems in relation to the 4 month wait and all the rest, so they looked around and found one through Bill Hicks and Co. that same day.

I believe in this day and age that inventory count would pretty much be a non issue, and follow-up on orders seems a little on the slow side, but they did find me a rifle and they did deliver it in a timely manner. I would do business with them again.  <thumbsup>