• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

rounds not ejecting

harv

2 minutes ago, harv said:

cheap milspec buffer spring and tube dont remember the brand may have been ar stoner

Gonna need details on that stuff, man.  Measurement time. 

Internal depth in the receiver extension?  How deep is it, inside?  A tape measure is good enough for this, and it's either gonna be 7" internal depth, it it's gonna be REAL close to 7 5/8" internal depth. You stated "mil-spec" so it's carbine length, and not rifle length.  You're running a carbine recoil system, but we need to see what makes it up.

How long it the buffer?  It's it 2.5" long, or is it 3.25" long?  How much does the buffer weigh?

What is the relaxed length of the spring - out of the rifle, laying on the table - how long is it?  How many coils in it, end to end?  Can you measure the wire diameter?

That's the kinda necessary stuff, right now.  Nothing else can be figured out until that info is up here. 

4 minutes ago, harv said:

yes I deleted the photo as it showed the ser#

Block the serial number with MS Paint, and get the photo back up - that photo eliminated all doubt as to the length of your gas tube. 

By the way, the only person in the world that would have been able to track your firearm, by serial number posted on the web, is your FFL.

That's a rifle receiver extension, there. There's no "mil-spec or commercial" with rifle gas systems...

What's going on here?  How long is your buffer?  it needs to be 5.200" long.  And not 5.900" long...

You have an AR15 carbine buffer spring in there, or a really wrong copy of a .308AR spring.  Whatever it is, it isn't right.

6 minutes ago, harv said:

the buffer is 5.25

can you give me a link to the right spring

Can you give us more details on the rifle - maybe a full pic?  So we know what we're working with here.  It feels like I'm having to waterboard you to get information, and you're very vague, until you're specifically asked about something.

Details, dude, details.  You're not very forthcoming with details...  

For example...  what CALIBER is this rifle? That hasn't been stated one single time in this thread... With the amount of calibers available to choose from, I'm not "assuming" anything - and you haven't stated anything...

Rifle gas, "midlength" gas?...  What's the barrel length?

Edited by 98Z5V

OK, that Photo with the Gas Tube with in the Cam Pin cut looks fine . I also noticed the GB is off the Barrel Shoulder a bit .

If the fired Case is stuck in the Chamber & not ejecting , are their pull marks on the Extractor grove on the Case ? 

You also say the Action works properly without a live round in the chamber ( a fired , unsized case with stick every time if you feed it back into the Chamber ) . It could be a tight Chamber , Rough Chamber or just a tight fitting of the Cam Pin to Upper Receiver fit ( needs more Lubricant or different type , maybe some grease on the Cam Pin & its Channel in the BC. 

The Buffer system is another matter , you will normally see FTE/FTF issues with most miss matched or incorrect Buffer systems .Fired cases jammed in the Chamber is not associated with the Buffer system , unless its locking the BCG movement & you say the Action is working with out a round in the Chamber .

I would like to see some fired Brass , including the Bases. One thing at a time , seems you may have mutable issues .

7 hours ago, harv said:

308 cal 20 inch ss barrel  LUTH-AR MBA-1 AR-15 MODULAR BUTTSTOCK  mid length gas 

sorry I am not good at asking for help  

Thats not the fist stock system from them that we have seen issues with , if my memory serves me correctly .

Have you cycled live UNfired ammo through it?  Lube it up, load a magazine with 5 rounds and charge it, then extract and load the next round until the mag is empty.  I'm just curious to hear how it does with that and how it feels. 

Edited by DNP

21 hours ago, harv said:

sorry I am not good at asking for help  

Zero worries, harv, we'll work out the bugs in this thing.  Just need the info, and the info will follow - as it is now.   :thumbup:

What DNP said ^^^ is very valid.  Try that out. 

19 hours ago, harv said:

the live round stick into the chamber also

so I am going to bore brush and oil it then try again

Keep the Chamber dry , oil it ,but swab out with a dry swab or patch . Oil can cause hydraulic lock on a case . Just making sure you are aware of it  .

I would like to see a fired case from that Chamber .