• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My New(ish) AR 10

Hello All. Redbaron8 here. Went to the range yesterday with my new AR 10. Armalite thru and thru. Ended up putting a A2 type upper onto an L10PCB lower (nib). WOW!!! Rang the three hundred yd gong w/1st shot. Upper came from a friend of mine, and was already dialed in. Dropped it on and lit it up! Whoopee! It only had about 900 rds thru it b4 I got it. He decided he wanted a flattop upper. So, about $700.00 later I have the .308 I've been wanting. It's a perfect partner for my Armalite Nat. Match .223 w/carry handle. Accurate as all &*%%. The collapsible stock is terrific, and the felt recoil is minimal, feels like shooting the heavier NM. I've been lookin around for a free float fore-end like the one that comes with the NM. Must be looking in the wrong places tho, as I don't seem to be able to find it. Suggestions, please. Secondly, I am looking for a fixed power 6-8x compact scope with mil-dot reticle. ($250-$500) Suggestions, anyone? And lastly, I'm looking for a low profile, quick release carry handle mount. Thank all of you in advance for any assistance you may offer. Armalites rock! Red.    :auto:

• 2 months later...