• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Need a BCG for 6.5 Creedmoor

RAM2940

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 12:37 PM, RAM2940 said:

Toolcraft double ejector, with smaller firing pin

I am looking for one of these for my 6.5 Creedmoor project. Is $180 from Arm or Ally a reasonable price from a decent vendor, or should I look elsewhere? Suggestions? Thank you!

5 hours ago, RobPLSCA said:

I am looking for one of these for my 6.5 Creedmoor project. Is $180 from Arm or Ally a reasonable price from a decent vendor, or should I look elsewhere? Suggestions? Thank you!

I can't say if the price is good, but I ordered a BCG from them for a prior build and had no issues with Arm or Ally.

6 hours ago, RobPLSCA said:

Thanks for the input, Doc. I went to order after reading your comment, and they were sold out... Go figure... Anyone else know where they are available? If so, tell me in a PM, so it doesn't get poached again... I was thinking of the nickle boron one...

The nitrided one is in stock right now, at a SMOKIN' PRICE!  :thumbup:

https://www.armorally.com/shop/toolcraft-6-5-creedmoor-bolt-carrier-group-black-nitride/

Arm or Ally used to be a different name - they changed the name to Arm or Ally when they started branching out into hard parts.  I'd shopped with them before the change, when they were primarily reloading supplies, and they are SOLID.  Great company.  Don't hesitate to do business with them - they are very good. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Previously, they were Monmouth Reloading - and they kicked ass at what they did.  They still do kick ass - they just offer more now, with the addition of hard parts as well as reloading supplies.  They're a damn great company, brother.  :thumbup:

20 minutes ago, carverelli said:

A few places I shopped ir BCG made it clear I needed a high pressure bolt with a small strong firing pin for me 6.5 creedmoor build. I went with the Ni-Boron from aero precision as they seemed like a reputable company. Lol, they probably dont even make the carriers but put their name on it

ToolCraft makes the Aero BCGs.  I kid you not. Not even a little.  Truth.