• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

358 Yeti group buy

Boot_Scraper

On 3/11/2019 at 10:37 AM, Boot_Scraper said:

Looking like parts won't be available now till May. 

I'll play Devil's advocate here.  Can the clowns at MDWS hold to any kind of promised schedule?   May is 2/3rds over.  Not exactly great customer service.

It ain't them. From what I've gathered there was a delay with the bolts. Sh!t happens. I'd rather them done right then done fast, everytime. I feel your pain though. 

I know what it's like when I'm not the reason something is behind, but I still look like the a-hole for not getting it done on time.

Now if deer season was close, I'd be gettin antsy.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone that wants in on a .358 Yeti - what we initialy wanted from a Group Buy is online this weekend.  We needed the barrel, and dies to reload this thing.  That popped up in an email from MDWS - Here's he main Yeti page:

https://www.maddogweapons.com/store/c25/.358_Yeti_Products.html

Here's the 16" barrel package - barrel and dies, $560:

https://www.maddogweapons.com/store/p784/MDWS_.358_Yeti_Barrel_and_DIE_SET_KIT_-_16"%2C_1%3A14_Twist%2C_4140CM_Threaded.html

• 3 years later...

Good thing I wasn't watching this in early 2019.
I've been semi resistant to the caliber of the month club.
For years I was a .30-06 Springfield, .30-30 Winchester, 12g, .45 ACP and .22LR guy.

Somehow over the years I've wound up with firearms in another 20 cartridge calibers.

So far, I've avoided .450 Bushmaster, 6.8 SPC, 458 SOCOM, .350 Legend, 7mm Rem, ALL the Winchester Short Magnums, ALL the Remington Ultra Magnums, .338 Federal, ALL the Weatherby Magnums, .45-70 AUTO, .500 S&W.

This would have been tempting but after some research I think I'm resistant.

Did any of you guys finish one of these?

1 hour ago, StarWolf said:

Did any of you guys finish one of these?

I went with a 16" .358 Winchester AR instead - brass is easy, make it from .308 Win.  Hell of a gun, one HELL of a thumper, and still getting the load sorted out.  It's a beast when it's running Hornady 250gr SP-RPs. 

I went with a .375 Socom.  .458 Socom necked down to .375.  Its a bit flatter shooting than the .458 but still a thumper, and in an AR15 sized package.  Brass and bullets are a bit tough to find but my stockpile got put up before all the Covid craziness set in.  Its codenamed "the Cannon". 

I was getting buzz off the boards when I looked into the cartridge that either of those would be a better pressure profile for the barrel than the Yeti.

I've already got several big bores:
.357 Mag 92 Rossi lever
.44 Mag Winchester and Rossi levers
.444 Marlin lever
.45-70 Winchester and Marlin levers
.50 Beowulf (12.7x42) ARs

.300 Win Mag BAR. Not exactly a big bore BUT a big thumper.

I don't really need a .35  or a .338 rifle. But they might be fun.