• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Larue MBT or POF single stage

painterman

OK so I have a PSA pa 10 in 308. I am debating a trigger as I hate the factory trigger. I have it down to two different ones. The Larue MBT 2 stage or the POF single stage. I have no experience with the Larue as I cant find one local to try. Now the POF I have had in my hand and it breaks extremely clean at 3,5 lbs. Like glass with zero creep. Local gun store took one out of box and installed it in his ar so I could try it.

I have had before a 2 stage and most my rifles now have single stage. I know they each have pros and cons. I am asking if anyone has experience with both or either and what are your impressions? 

Oh and this is going to be a hunting rifle if that makes a dofference.

11 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

LaRue MBT gets the nod from me. A search here will yield loads of first hand info.

searching here is what brought the Larue in the game for me....had not heard of this trigger before and it doesn't come up in a google search when I started searching top rated triggers for my PSA......I just am a research freak before I drop my funds. That and the POF is twice the price but man what a great trigger, I would love to pull thr trigger a few times on a Larue but cant find one local

18 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

For $87, you can't go wrong.  If you hate it, I'll give you $87 for it, and a few bucks more for shipping (first to you, then to me). 

So, you'll be out not even a penny.

thanks for the offer....doubt it would be an issue. I have an ar15 in 300 blackout with a so so trigger so either way it would go somewhere. .

Might just order the Larue and install it myself and put a pof in my 300 blackout. Just kinda hard to spend that amount on a truck gun beater.

• 1 month later...

I haven't used the POF trigger. However, I've used the MBT, and love it. I've also used a single stage CMC on it, and it was nice and light at 3.5lbs. I went with the Larue MBT. I like it a lot better. It's smooth, light and crisp on the let off. Very little, if any creep after the break.