• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
08sniper

Opinion on build

I have just completed "almost" my first AR 10. Aero builder set in mad dragon. JP silent capture spring,wilson combat recon tactical 18 barrel,timney trigger and supurlative arms adjustable gas block . Hope it is a good shooter any opi ions on parts so far? 

Sounds like all good quality parts. Wouldn't do the JP spring myself, never been bothered enough by the spring noise to use a more complicated and expensive part, Tubbs flat wire spring did what I needed. I have tried the Superlative on a 308 and found the gas bleed off side of the adjustment would not bleed enough gas, the restrictive side works fine, also learned the bleed off port will blast away at a suppressors finish and burn a wrap.

2 hours ago, 08sniper said:

wilson combat recon tactical 18 barrel

Wilson Combat barrels need Armalite AR-10 gas tubes - watch out for that.  Even the gas tube you get from Wilson Combat will be short.

He's saying that because a lot of the manufacture's play around with the gas port/gas tube length measurements. They think that they're smarter than the average bear, and re-inventing the wheel. You'll wanna stick with an Armalite gas tube for that barrel. And I'm not sayin that just because I'm the "Armalite pusher", just because it'll be the correct size (length) for what you need.

Out of stock regularly at Armalite, but comes back in often now, this is the part you need;

https://www.armalite.com/product/10007010-ar10-rifle-length-gas-tube/

Put in for a notification so I can grab a couple extra when they come back, many have good results when calling them about out of stock items. There are other suppliers but just make sure it has that part number.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, 08sniper said:

Can you elaborate on the gas tube? I got a rifle length  tube from ballistic advantge

It's all over the site here, with pics from people, even.  I have two WC barrels, and they're great. Their decision on gas port location isn't the best, though.