• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

How does the .308 AR stack up to A Scar H?

JF89

I started a similar thread over on Full30. I was reading this article from 2010 on how the Brits and Kiwis chose the LMT MWS over the SCAR H or HK 417, supposedly it outperformed the piston guns in both accuracy and reliability. Whats your take on the AR vs Scar H? Ive shot both an LMT MWS and Scar H and the AR was more accurate and I liked the controls alot more, I dont have much experience with either.

http://www.sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=907

http://www.defensereview.com/lmt-308-modular-weapon-system-lm308mwse-monolithic-rail-platform-mrp-semi-auto-7-62mm-nato-tactical-ar-riflecarbine/

10 minutes ago, JF89 said:

Isnt the SCAR a little lighter than most .308 ARs?

8.2lbs, irons only, no mag.  You start adding what you need, and 2lbs of loaded 20-rd mag, and it's a pig.  That's the weight for the 20' barreled version, and NOT the heavy-barrel SSR.  That fat girl comes in at 10.7lbs, irons only, no mag...

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

8.2lbs, irons only, no mag.  You start adding what you need, and 2lbs of loaded 20-rd mag, and it's a pig.  That's the weight for the 20' barreled version, and NOT the heavy-barrel SSR.  That fat girl comes in at 10.7lbs, irons only, no mag...

The LMT is heavy but Ive been so close to buying one several times. The MWS just feels like quality. It weighed more than the SCAR H though.