• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New to .308 EBRs. Diamondback?

I recently traded for a NIB DB10. I read/watched a LOT of info about DB, and found the pistols (9mm) have some issues, but I didn't find much negative experience with the DB10s.

I'm not here to have my choice validated. If you more experienced guys know that they suck, lay it on me. I've only had it two days and I took it to the range yesterday for function test and sighting in a trusty old redfield scope. I shot 80 of mixed ammo/weights - including some super cheapo Monarch steelcase. Accuracy and consistency were as good as I could ask for and function was 100%. 

Assuming this rifle is a keeper, does anyone know what parts are interchangeable with those from other major manufacturers? 

Any rifle that is sub 2 MOA, and shoots 100% of the time, is a keeper in my book. 

What are you trying to do to it? The only “compatibility” issues that you might run into you would be if you wanted to switch bolts (which I never suggest) or a handguard, due to varying barrel nut threads and upper receiver heights. 

Triggers should all be standard ER format. A new buffer assembly would be based on whatever receiver extension you currently have installed, or want to install. If you’re trying to cut weight, the fastest way is through the barrel. A new barrel would most definitely include a new bolt, which would likely alleviate any compatibility issues. Gas blocks and muzzle devices are all pretty self-explanatory.

If it’s a handguard you’re looking for, just measure the tab above the charging handle slot to determine rail height, then contact DM for their thread pitch (armalite vs DPMS).

It’s a lot simpler now than it used to be. I like to think this website is responsible for a good portion of that. The industry seems to be unfucking itself

46 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

Any rifle that is sub 2 MOA, and shoots 100% of the time, is a keeper in my book. 

What are you trying to do to it? The only “compatibility” issues that you might run into you would be if you wanted to switch bolts (which I never suggest) or a handguard, due to varying barrel nut threads and upper receiver heights. 

Triggers should all be standard ER format. A new buffer assembly would be based on whatever receiver extension you currently have installed, or want to install. If you’re trying to cut weight, the fastest way is through the barrel. A new barrel would most definitely include a new bolt, which would likely alleviate any compatibility issues. Gas blocks and muzzle devices are all pretty self-explanatory.

If it’s a handguard you’re looking for, just measure the tab above the charging handle slot to determine rail height, then contact DM for their thread pitch (armalite vs DPMS).

It’s a lot simpler now than it used to be. I like to think this website is responsible for a good portion of that. The industry seems to be unfucking itself

Thanks for the reply Robocop1052. I'm not looking to change anything now.I'll definitely want to stock spare parts, a BCG, gas's rings, extractor parts, spring & buffer - maybe different weight buffers. I'm new to AR10s and want to make sure I get the right stuff. So you're saying most DB parts are compatible with the DPMS style?

41 minutes ago, Belt Fed said:

I have four DB10's, one in 6.5 creedmore.  They have functioned 100% of the time. I have hunted with them two years in a row. For the money they are hard to beat IMO.

Thanks Beltfed, that's great to hear. Have you replaced any parts? Have you put 1K rounds through any single rifle?

5 minutes ago, AvantGuardian said:

Thanks Beltfed, that's great to hear. Have you replaced any parts? Have you put 1K rounds through any single rifle?

Not replaced any parts other than bling. The top pic would be close to 1000. rest more like 500 each. I never had a moments trouble out of any diamondback rifle. I have put many thousands through their 223 and 300 blkouts. I have never owned one of their pistols thou. Also I posted the hunting link. Also we gonna need a pic of yours, we like pics.

eBCTb98.jpg8HGNGJk.jpgp82BNy6.jpgA5v7iE5.jpg

Your receiver sets are made by Matrix Aerospace, and the external dimensions are identical to the Ruger SR-762 (Matrix made those, too).  The Ruger has some weird things going on inside, something proprietary, and that's why I said "external dimensions..."

Matrix made this receiver set with both DPMS barrel threading and Armalite AR-10 barrel threading.  It looks like DB went with the DPMS-based barrel threading.  Just so you know - the only thing "Armalite" or "AR-10" about the DB10s is the angled cut on the receivers - nothing else.   Check this recent thread out: