• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Primary Arms ASC Grendel Mags

98Z5V

The ASC Grendel mags are good, in the 25-rounders. I don't have any others but the 25s, but I wouldn't think the 10s and 15s aren't as good - the 25s work, with Grendel, and work well.

PA has them on some serious sales right now, so here they are, 10, 15, 25:

https://www.primaryarms.com/asc-6-5-grendel-magazine-10-round

https://www.primaryarms.com/ascs-6.5-grendel-magazine-15-round

https://www.primaryarms.com/asc-6-5-grendel-magazine-25-round

The only other Grendel mags that I have are E-Lander 17-round mags, either straight from E-Lander, or from Alexander Arms - have both, and they're flawless, feeding 5x Grendels with those (both types of mags, E-Lander and ASC). FWIW.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 5 weeks later...

ASC makes quality stuff.

Last year I bought 30-ten round mags @ $7.50 each, along with 30- twenty round mags for $9.00 each. ( 308 not Grendel)

There were a lot of bad reviews, I have fired  thousands of rounds through their mags and I NEVER had a hiccup from the ones I used.

Now Hexmag not so much, I also had a few FTF with a magpaul 25 rounder.

3 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

ASC makes quality stuff.

Last year I bought 30-ten round mags @ $7.50 each, along with 30- twenty round mags for $9.00 each. ( 308 not Grendel)

There were a lot of bad reviews, I have fired  thousands of rounds through their mags and I NEVER had a hiccup from the ones I used.

Now Hexmag not so much, I also had a few FTF with a magpaul 25 rounder.

Been opposite for me, never had a mis fire from a magpul or hexmag.  I ordered five ASC mags for the Grendel a while back and they sent me some badly welded up crap. they were welded bad crooked and wouldn't even go in the magwell. I took some pics of them and sent them. They blamed the distributor that sold them. I said they didn't do the welding on them. they refused to take blame. I bought some CPD mags to replace them.

10 hours ago, Belt Fed said:

Been opposite for me, never had a mis fire from a magpul or hexmag.  I ordered five ASC mags for the Grendel a while back and they sent me some badly welded up crap. they were welded bad crooked and wouldn't even go in the magwell. I took some pics of them and sent them. They blamed the distributor that sold them. I said they didn't do the welding on them. they refused to take blame. I bought some CPD mags to replace them.

What was their capacity?  I've never had this problem with the ASCs for Grendel, and I'm not doubting you, in the least.  The only Grendel ASCs I have are the 25s.  The only other Grendel mags I have are the 17-round E-Landers, either E-Lander marked or Alexander Arms-marked.

10 hours ago, Ravenworks said:

I  want to clarify this was on my M5E 308.

My 5.56 never had a problem with any of them the mag's I named.

It's all about attention to detail, considering this is a Grendel mag thread, right in the title.  I'm just sayin'.  :thumbup:

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

What was their capacity?  I've never had this problem with the ASCs for Grendel, and I'm not doubting you, in the least.  The only Grendel ASCs I have are the 25s.  The only other Grendel mags I have are the 17-round E-Landers, either E-Lander marked or Alexander Arms-marked.

They were the 25, I can't find the pics. i'll take some more when the sun comes up. They were welded up wrong. won't even go in magwell.