• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Recommendations for a 308 tactical scope. $500-750?

I'm setting up a dedicated DMR-style .308/7.62 rifle, and I want a compact, relatively low-power scope in the 4x-8x range. One of the Bushnell AR optics would be perfect, but they don't make them for the .308 any more, seemingly.  I plan to be shooting this at no more than 200-250yd and I don't need a lot of bells and whistles, although an illuminated reticle would be nice.

Tips and suggestions gratefully appreciated...

IOR Valdada M1 or M2 with either the MP9 nato or Dragunov Reticle. There is also a CQB reticle available but I have no experience with that one.  Ran both of the others on my M1A and never had any problems. 4x24mm/30mm tube, superb glass, Illuminated reticle, built like a tank. Only downside for me was they have eye relief on the order of an ACOG. Pretty short but would not be a problem on a AR like it was on my M1A. They run about 700-800 or so new, used ones go for about 350-500. Cannot say enough about the Dragunov reticle. Zero the rifle/scope, reticle does all the work from there on out. Range finder is spot on also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/14/2019 at 3:29 PM, unforgiven said:

Primary arms has a good selection in that magnification range brother

So they do.  I scored a lightly used Primary Arms 1-8x24 ACSS scope, and even got a discount deal on a Burris PEPR mount. Perfect!  Exactly what I wanted.

The gun is a DPMS LR-308 APU4 with a Ballistic Advantage 16" barrel, Aero Precision M5 Atlas handguard and a Matador Arms Hammerhead compensator. CMC straight 3.5# trigger...pretty good trigger for the money.

PA_ACSS.jpg