• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WTS - JD Machine Tech Armalite AR-10 Upper/Lower Set

JawbrkrCTC01

I purchased this JD Machine Upper / Lower matching set a few weeks ago for $600.00 - Armalite Configuration - but I've decided to just purchase a complete rifle - This is an unused, 2 week old set which has basically just sitting in the box I purchased it in.  Up for grabs.  e-mail with questions.

$500 shipped <thumbsup>

post-992-136297268329_thumb.jpg

Is mag compatability strictly Armalite?  If it has the DPMS mag compatability in the design, I'll take it.  I searched the JD website, and they only say that this platform is coming (not posted that it's available yet  - so they just don't have the details up yet, on there).

I've had the upper/lower set for 2 weeks and it's still in the box it came in - the only other AR-10 I've had is Noveske - so I have no experience or knowledge of this lower or it's magazine compatibility - you would need to contact JD Machine to answer that question - JD Machine makes a DPMS Lower / upper set and that is their normal run - they make Armalite on a limited basis - So I'm assuming this is an Armalite setup with regards to the magazine as well.  However, I appreciate the reply - let me know if you find out that it's a DPMS compatible receiver.  Have a great holiday.

One thing I'm not really understanding is - and maybe you can help me - What is the advantage to the DPMS magazines to where you can't just purchase magazines which are compatible with this receiver if it turns out that they aren't compatible?  If you want, I'll take $450 and you can just buy a couple compatible mags?!  Up to you.. thanks again for the question - have a great holiday.. <thumbsup>

I've already got 20 x LR20 Pmags for a DPMS-based .308 AR, and just don't want to start over on a new mag collection.  If I've got two rifles that share the same mag, then I'm already ahead or the curve.  I'd only have to load one type of magazine, and not worry about which one to grab for each specific rifle. 

Just a convenience thing for me, really - not so much a platform preference.

I'm not trying to sabotage the OP, but JD doesn't accept LR-20 PMAGs. I had their receiver set and the magazine wobbled considerably front to back. This caused failures to feed unless pressure was applied to the mag while firing. This is no fault to JD, their design precedes the release of the PMAG. I, much like 98, own several LR-20 mags and eventually sold my JD for an SI-D.

JD does make a very beautiful and lightweight set. Their attention to detail when mating the upper to the lower is immaculate. I have no doubt in my mind that JD makes a superior quality rifle. There are a lot of guys sporting sub-moa JD's out there.

Not a problem - although I would still check with JD Machine, their template or design may have changed - as I said, this is a brand new set - however, I wouldn't expect the Armalite configuration to accept DPMS components, but I may be wrong.  I don't like the DPMS Panther style - I prefer the Armalite style and the Noveske N6 is my favorite - since I live in California my options are limited because I live in this Liberal Anti-American, Anti-Constitution HELL HOLE - but eventually I will abandon this state & the Liberals so they can finally implode on their own ideology - (sorry, got caught up there in my own anger & frustration) - In looking at the set once I received it, I was very happy with the quality and the attention to detail and from what I've learned they actually make or made lowers / uppers for Noveske - so I'm very happy with the set - I just think it would be cheaper at this point to buy a completed rifle rather than build it.  Originally I wanted to build it piece by piece because funds were limited and I was going to have to build it according the availability of funds - now I suddenly have enough to purchase a complete rifle so I'm looking to just unload the set and buy something complete.  Thank you for your time and consideration - hopefully I can find someone who would like to have this set and I can throw in an OD Green Magpul MIAD Grip as well.  All Brand new.. Have a great Holiday.

post-992-136297268356_thumb.jpg