• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magazine catches

Anderson3754

I bought it so that there would be more of the mag release button protruding. Aero Precision solves the problem of a short mag release by selling an extra long button. I had the same problem with my MATEN. I didnt have a problem with it not holding the mags in though.

13 minutes ago, Merle said:

I bought it so that there would be more of the mag release button protruding. Aero Precision solves the problem of a short mag release by selling an extra long button. I had the same problem with my MATEN. I didnt have a problem with it not holding the mags in though.

Ah okay yours has the longer shank that is threaded to have more mag button protrusion.  That group of parts securely holds the mag in place on your rifle ?

Edited by Anderson3754

Every time I build an Aero M5 Large Frame AR, I use this parts kit, here.  It gives me the takedown and pivot pins that are the proper diameter and length, it gives me a functional mag catch, and it gives me a bolt catch that works everytime.  Those are the primary problem parts (as you've now seen) in mixing and matching parts from different manufacturers on Big ARs, just because there is no standard to follow, like cookie-cutter AR15s.  This kit works on M5 sets, every single time:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-lower-parts-kit-minus-fcg

aprh100386c-m5-lpk-minus-fcg-grip-trigge

16 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Every time I build an Aero M5 Large Frame AR, I use this parts kit, here.  It gives me the takedown and pivot pins that are the proper diameter and length, it gives me a functional mag catch, and it gives me a bolt catch that works everytime.  Those are the primary problem parts (as you've now seen) in mixing and matching parts from different manufacturers on Big ARs, just because there is no standard to follow, like cookie-cutter AR15s.  This kit works on M5 sets, every single time:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/m5-308-lower-parts-kit-minus-fcg

aprh100386c-m5-lpk-minus-fcg-grip-trigge

Great; Thankyou, just over on Brownells site looking at the Aero precision lowers on sale for $99.00 dollars. 

20 minutes ago, Ravenworks said:

Why not just go to Aero and for about $8 you'll have one

I did look over at Aero yesterday and was not able to navigate on there site for the smaller parts. Just now I used Google for a search of "Aero lower parts kit" and that will take me to these parts at Aero Precision. I guess its a computer glitch.

Regards