• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wilson Combat's Paul Howe 6.5C Rifle

Wow...   Wilson Combat is moving into a badass new rifle.  Who says you can't get a 16" AR to 1k yards?  We've (here) know this was very possible, a long time ago.  Now I want to build a 16" .260 Rem...

This is an impressive rifle.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/paul-howe-6-5-creedmoor/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=Paul Howe 65 CM Carbine&utm_source=Wilson+Combat&utm_campaign=d4f34b5566-retail-Paul-Howe-Carbine&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d7d9381842-d4f34b5566-35734037&mc_cid=d4f34b5566&mc_eid=62818679f6

34159f63-7c26-4d08-8d13-771239d6e649.jpg

359b979b-64ca-4df4-be16-2322b3c63864.jpg

5d8cc67a-6b3b-42ec-8539-8fe874dedd10.jpg

The hand-applied Camouflage Armor-Tuff finish has been developed to blend in well in many urban and rural environments, reduces the IR signature and also keeps the rifle cooler in high temperatures. The Paul Howe 6.5 Creedmoor base is our billet WC-10 large-format AR receiver set that will hold up to a lifetime of hard use. This precision rifle wears our match-grade, precision chambered stainless steel 16” barrel with deep lightening flutes and comes standard with our Accu-Tac flash hider. This barrel profile maintains an optimized size and weight profile without sacrificing accuracy or reliability.

A two-stage Wilson Combat TTU with heavier springs for a 4.5-pound trigger release-- an ideal weight for gloved use in an operational environment-- is standard. Paul selected a Daniel Defense fixed front sight tower along with his CSAT rear aperture flip-up for fast, reliable combat sighting. The Paul Howe 6.5 Creedmoor can be ordered as a solo rifle, or as a complete package kitted with Paul's preferred Leupold optic, Wilson Combat lightweight scope mount, and Vickers sling.

Lightweight and compact with match-grade accuracy, the Paul Howe 6.5 Creedmoor has all the features needed for outstanding overall performance.

-----

Paul Howe is a high-risk training instructor that served 20 years in the US Army, ten of those in Special Operations. He served as a Tactical Team Leader in multiple combat operations and Senior firearms Instructor while assigned to a tier-one unit of US Army Special Operations. During his service and since his retirement he has become one of the most sought-after experts on close quarters combat and law enforcement/military small arms weapons and tactics in the world. Learn more about Paul Howe at www.combatshootingandtactics.com

Edited by 98Z5V

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2020 at 1:19 AM, 98Z5V said:

I'll be calling Wilson Combat, for real, and asking for a 16" .260 Rem barrel.  This is going down.

Awesome, good luck on time though, I didn't have any luck finding the upper/lower sets or their BCG, I asked when they would be back in stock? no idea with the corona virus apocalypse binge? I was bidding on a nice 308 Ultimate Hunter, within 25 bucks of the winning bid, and got jacked up by an Eastern daylight saving time auction close....

Clicked on to get through the last 50 minutes and saw, "you did not win this auction", $2475.00 out the door.

Edited by billymagg

• 3 months later...
On 8/22/2020 at 10:21 AM, billymagg said:

So what did Wilson Combat have to say, I'm loving the "Tactical Hunter" I eventually bought, its so stinkin light and handy for a .308

They're still only doing the 20" and 24" for .260 Rem.  Way more demand for the 6.5C with the Gamer crowd, so it gets the 16".  Custom 16" .260 Rem barrels are a possibility, when all this silliness dies down.  It'll be the Ranger profile that they make (damn good profile). 

My next barrel from them will be the 16" 7mm-08, in the Recon Tactical profile. 

Edited by 98Z5V

Yes, I bought an 18" barrel but could easily live with a 16" inch barrel, and I do love the Recon Tactical profile. I've been very impressed with my rifles function on almost every level, and it does want to shoot, as opposed to trying to find something it likes, I think you will love the 7mm-08.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:14 AM, 98Z5V said:

Wow...   Wilson Combat is moving into a badass new rifle.  Who says you can't get a 16" AR to 1k yards?  We've (here) know this was very possible, a long time ago.  Now I want to build a 16" .260 Rem...

This is an impressive rifle.

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/paul-howe-6-5-creedmoor/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=Paul Howe 65 CM Carbine&utm_source=Wilson+Combat&utm_campaign=d4f34b5566-retail-Paul-Howe-Carbine&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d7d9381842-d4f34b5566-35734037&mc_cid=d4f34b5566&mc_eid=62818679f6

34159f63-7c26-4d08-8d13-771239d6e649.jpg

359b979b-64ca-4df4-be16-2322b3c63864.jpg

5d8cc67a-6b3b-42ec-8539-8fe874dedd10.jpg

The hand-applied Camouflage Armor-Tuff finish has been developed to blend in well in many urban and rural environments, reduces the IR signature and also keeps the rifle cooler in high temperatures. The Paul Howe 6.5 Creedmoor base is our billet WC-10 large-format AR receiver set that will hold up to a lifetime of hard use. This precision rifle wears our match-grade, precision chambered stainless steel 16” barrel with deep lightening flutes and comes standard with our Accu-Tac flash hider. This barrel profile maintains an optimized size and weight profile without sacrificing accuracy or reliability.

A two-stage Wilson Combat TTU with heavier springs for a 4.5-pound trigger release-- an ideal weight for gloved use in an operational environment-- is standard. Paul selected a Daniel Defense fixed front sight tower along with his CSAT rear aperture flip-up for fast, reliable combat sighting. The Paul Howe 6.5 Creedmoor can be ordered as a solo rifle, or as a complete package kitted with Paul's preferred Leupold optic, Wilson Combat lightweight scope mount, and Vickers sling.

Lightweight and compact with match-grade accuracy, the Paul Howe 6.5 Creedmoor has all the features needed for outstanding overall performance.

-----

Paul Howe is a high-risk training instructor that served 20 years in the US Army, ten of those in Special Operations. He served as a Tactical Team Leader in multiple combat operations and Senior firearms Instructor while assigned to a tier-one unit of US Army Special Operations. During his service and since his retirement he has become one of the most sought-after experts on close quarters combat and law enforcement/military small arms weapons and tactics in the world. Learn more about Paul Howe at www.combatshootingandtactics.com

This is a beautiful practical set-up, I'd go for this in 6mm or 6.5 Creed, either way I would be a happy camper....

16 hours ago, billymagg said:

Yes, I bought an 18" barrel but could easily live with a 16" inch barrel, and I do love the Recon Tactical profile.

That Ranger profile that they make is a lighter profile version of the Recon - but they're both badass barrel profiles.   :thumbup:

For any standard caliber, I'm all about Ballistic Advantage, and preferrably their Mk12 SPR profiles.  For weird calibers, I'm all over the Wilson Combat offerings - they do it all. :hail:

On 8/25/2020 at 10:31 PM, 98Z5V said:

That Ranger profile that they make is a lighter profile version of the Recon - but they're both badass barrel profiles.   :thumbup:

For any standard caliber, I'm all about Ballistic Advantage, and preferrably their Mk12 SPR profiles.  For weird calibers, I'm all over the Wilson Combat offerings - they do it all. :hail:

I hear you, I've been very impressed with Wilson's build, it does seem to be a cut above in functionality, I'd like to build a rifle, but the WC-10 matched uppers and lowers are still not in stock?

When I had inquired this spring they told me the middle of July,,,  so would it be safe to presume? (I know thats never safe) that Wilson is waiting on somebody else's billet stock or?? I know lots of parts are back-ordered, they don't have any 308 BCG's either at present....