• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DPMS LR-308 Gen1 Detachable Carry Handle

twilliam

Hi.  I have searched and not found any available.  Perhaps someone has one lying around?  I have an LR-308 with fixed front sight and I like the look of the full carry handle.  DPMS made them initially but have discontinued them.  Let me know if you have one for sale or any leads.  Thanks. 

5 hours ago, twilliam said:

Thanks, Charlie and 98Z5V.  The DPMS part number is F620962 and I will continue to search for that and the Armalite EA5050.

I don't know if the EA5050 is identical to the DPMS part, but if you need measurements or pics let me know and I'll drag mine out.

RRA LAR-8 upper receivers are longer than DPMS and Armalite upper receivers - so their LAR-8 carry handles will be longer, too. Just like LAR-8 charging handles are longer.

Not for use on a DPMS or Armalite pattern.  For use on a RRA LAR-8.   You'll find that out fast, if you buy one and mount it up.

Edited by 98Z5V

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

RRA LAR-8 upper receivers are longer than DPMS and Armalite upper receivers - so their LAR-8 carry handles will be longer, too. Just like LAR-8 charging handles are longer.

Not for use on a DPMS or Armalite pattern.  For use on a RRA LAR-8.   You'll find that out fast, if you buy one and mount it up.

Thank you for the data.  RRA told me that the don't currently carry any carry handles for the LAR-8 platform anyway. 

10 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I didn't know that, but they must have discontinued. I should have got one when they had it . 65b got me. Figuring the dope on a A2 sight for .308/7.62 shouldn't be that difficult. 

Edited by unforgiven