• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gen1 or Gen2 how do I tell the difference?

1PETER216

Short answer is both versions will need some work done to them to make them run right, so just bypass the sales offer and get something else.  If you're talking to the owner, and he hasn't already modified the gun - then it won't work right.  That's probably the reason it's for sale in the first place.  They made changes on the Gen 3 that were just band-aids on the wrong cuts, so you can't tell how bad they run, and work even needs done on those things. 

Just buy something that works, and don't deal with the headaches of getting this, and doing all the shiit that's required to make it a "reliable gun."

That's my $0.02 on it. 

EDIT - PSA has AR15s figured out, for cheap.  But, everyone has AR15s figured out, so that's not saying much.  PSA .308ARs are junk, and you need to put in work to make them run right.  They do not have the .308AR platform figured out, and they won't make the fixes necessary to ship a reliable gun from their factory, because $$$...   That's the only reason.  There's plenty to read about them, from previous workers that were employed there,and that's right here:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Palmetto-State-Armory/reviews

Edited by 98Z5V

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Short answer is both versions will need some work done to them to make them run right, so just bypass the sales offer and get something else.  If you're talking to the owner, and he hasn't already modified the gun - then it won't work right.  That's probably the reason it's for sale in the first place.  They made changes on the Gen 3 that were just band-aids on the wrong cuts, so you can't tell how bad they run, and work even needs done on those things. 

Just buy something that works, and don't deal with the headaches of getting this, and doing all the shiit that's required to make it a "reliable gun."

That's my $0.02 on it. 

EDIT - PSA has AR15s figured out, for cheap.  But, everyone has AR15s figured out, so that's not saying much.  PSA .308ARs are junk, and you need to put in work to make them run right.  They do not have the .308AR platform figured out, and they won't make the fixes necessary to ship a reliable gun from their factory, because $$$...   That's the only reason.  There's plenty to read about them, from previous workers that were employed there,and that's right here:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Palmetto-State-Armory/reviews

I certainly thank you and appreciate your candor.

About the only thing left stock on my PA10 is the upper,lower(not including trigger and grip), BCG and rifle length receiver extension w/spring and buffer.

Unless it is a killer deal AND you are willing to spend money and time skip it for a better platform.

I only paid $499 for the one I started the journey with. With what I've done I'm @ about a grand into this thing now. My rifle shoots well and runs with whatever I feed it NOW.