• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

We drove into Tucson today!

billymagg

Well, I'm relaxing on a nice plush couch, visiting my Daughter, Grandson, and new Son in Law, and yes, I did indeed drive past the "Boneyard" today, and I'd like to take them all home, especially that really sharp taped up MC-130E, it could be the bird my old man was flying down below the trees in the spring of 68! He was in the right seat of course, he was an IP in the 130, with a pair of khaki's and white T shirt, with a ciggy hanging from his lower lip?? (he smoked a pipe and burnt "Mixture 79")

any good gun shops in Tucson??

20 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

How long you in town down there?  I'm 60-ish miles away.

We are flying out Monday noonish or so, I would LOVE to be in town for the duration of your little shin-dig, today was wifeys first visit to the high desert, she is very impressed.. I'm just soaking in my Grandson, I missed that boy!  He's gonna have his first birthday.

We've had a 3 day drive, a wedding, a visit with another daughter, and now we are here, we spent last night in Santa Rosa, very nice town, clean and worth the visit.

So close on the timing for the shoot - would be nice to have you here for it.  Missed by a week-ish, roughly.  There's always the future, knowing now that you come to town to visit.

We've been know to throw down shoots just because someone is coming into town - so next time that might happen, let us know in advance - we'll throw together an over-nighter or just a day trip, just to shoot with people that are members here.  Sheit, that how most us all met, in the first place...   :lmao:

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

So close on the timing for the shoot - would be nice to have you here for it.  Missed by a week-ish, roughly.  There's always the future, knowing now that you come to town to visit.

We've been know to throw down shoots just because someone is coming into town - so next time that might happen, let us know in advance - we'll throw together an over-nighter or just a day trip, just to shoot with people that are members here.  Sheit, that how most us all met, in the first place...   :lmao:

Thank you 98, nothing I would love more than meeting up with your and Matt at the SDTF, and I could live here on base forever, I LOVE the boneyard, those beautiful C-130's look ready to rock and roll. I'm gonna try to get over to the Pima Air Museum, the boneyard tours are closed due to covid, which really sucks...

Thanks for the invite Bro,, it is greatly appreciated as the honor it would be! and I will be back here in town

On 10/27/2020 at 8:47 AM, billymagg said:

Thank you 98, nothing I would love more than meeting up with your and Matt at the SDTF, and I could live here on base forever, I LOVE the boneyard, those beautiful C-130's look ready to rock and roll. I'm gonna try to get over to the Pima Air Museum, the boneyard tours are closed due to covid, which really sucks...

Thanks for the invite Bro,, it is greatly appreciated as the honor it would be! and I will be back here in town

Well I saw parts of the old XC-97 that used to sit on the ramp at Kelly Field in San Antone, she was cut up to haul here to Davis-Monthan, also saw andAggressor Squadron F-18, bort 22 sitting in a line up of F-18's.

We have a wedding Friday afternoon, so likely no shooting while I'm out here, although I had a chance to scope out my son-in-laws 5.56 AR, he's put all mag-pull furniture on it, he fits right in with our family...

Edited by billymagg

13 hours ago, billymagg said:

Well I saw parts of the old XC-97 that used to sit on the ramp at Kelly Field in San Antone, she was cut up to haul here to Davis-Monthan, also saw andAggressor Squadron F-18, bort 22 sitting in a line up of F-18's.

We have a wedding Friday afternoon, so likely no shooting while I'm out here, although I had a chance to scope out my son-in-laws 5.56 AR, he's put all mag-pull furniture on it, he fits right in with our family...

Windy morning here in Tucson, a little dust blowing around, bought a nice pair of Bellevilles, I may have to try them out later! Going to be moving off base to our Air BNB, kinda sad for me, I love being here under the "downwind" on base... not as much flying today, and I still haven't made it to a gunshop!

Edited by billymagg

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 7:47 AM, billymagg said:

Did you see the C5 Galaxies sitting on the other side of Kolb Rd.?

BTW, you were within a mile of my son's house!

1 hour ago, 392heminut said:

Did you see the C5 Galaxies sitting on the other side of Kolb Rd.?

BTW, you were within a mile of my son's house!

I did indeed, the boneyard tours where shut down, but I loved the Pima Air Museum, bought me a "boneyard" coffee cup, lol! as I drove down the bend close to the flight line, I also so the remains of the one, poor old XC-99, I had taken pictures of it at Kelly Field, where it was backed up against the fence in 97, when my Dad had an "Adult Stem Cell" transplant at "Wilford Hall", the now closed USAF medical center.

I also saw an F-18 painted in the aggressor squadron colors sitting  in the line of F-18's in the boneyard! I hope we get to go out again this spring. On a side note, our two American Airlines pilots were yawing down the runway, the Airbus A 319 on take off at Tuscon, and the old boy landing at Lambert, St. Louis plopped her on the runway hard and she was yawing all over the place on roll-out, I was thinking dammit boy, don't lose this thing, that's how bad it was..

I've got to get back to flying the Cardinal, I had an acquaintance killed trying to roll his Yak-52 at Palmyra, and two weeks later four your gents were killed in a Cherokee 235 at Carlinville, Il. out of cruise at 5500'... that really messed with my head. I flew the Cardinal the day after my friend was killed, and I was way behind the airplane, I though my flying mojo was dead... nah, I just need to get a little sim time at home, and jump back in the airplane!

I'll let you know when we go back out, and I'll get your son's info, my daughter needs some girlfriends! Jacob, Mollie, and Arlie are doing great. I bought some Belleville's in the PX, and some little di-cast airplanes for my youngest grandson's. A gorgeous chick gave me a mil-spec hair cut in the PX, so it was as Harry Carry used to say, "deja vue, all over again"! I'd love to move if I could live on base.

So many C-130 all coated up in storage, that's what I need. Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless!

Edited by billymagg