• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gun Tec

billymagg

Just now, billymagg said:

But! , ARMOR TOUGH,,,,,, AIN'T! that crap scratches off like bubble gum... look's kool, it just ain't tough! but what's underneath is always gorgeous, and that's the real point.

anyway, I'm talking and not listening, where's that little shorty gonna live boss??

^^^  That's why I CeraKote my shiit, when I want it dirt-colored.   :thumbup:

Which Shorty - there are a bunch of them...  

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

^^^  That's why I CeraKote my shiit, when I want it dirt-colored.   :thumbup:

Which Shorty - there are a bunch of them...  

That's for sure, I try to give my equipment lots of love, but it don't always work.  I'm wondering where you are gonna put that little bitty hand guard?? another .260...

anyway, I hope the Guntec Dude will take his hand guard back, I really like Wilson's 10, 2, and 6 row of 2 beveled stainless screws, and I like the longer barrel nut supporting the hand guard if you actually hang stuff on it.  I'm trying to build the small frame 300 as close to the .308 as I can, I was blown away the first time I picked up the large frame Tactical Hunter, it was 1/3 lighter than anything else I had handled, and points like a 20 guage Merkle over and under.

Just now, billymagg said:

That's for sure, I try to give my equipment lots of love, but it don't always work.  I'm wondering where you are gonna put that little bitty hand guard?? another .260...

That (now to be delivered) 12" TRIM rail will go on the 16" .358 Win AR that I'm brewing up right now, with WC's barrel .  Aero M5 receivers, BCG is already here, some Athlon 1~6 or 1~8 scope in mils (meals, in NC)...   :thumbup::lmao:

This one right here, in the Ranger profile...

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Grade-Barrel-358-Winchester-Ranger-16-1-14-Twist-Stainless/productinfo/TR-358RAIG16RT14/

Match Grade Barrel, .358 Winchester, Ranger, 16

7 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

That (now to be delivered) 12" TRIM rail will go on the 16" .358 Win AR that I'm brewing up right now, with WC's barrel .  Aero M5 receivers, BCG is already here, some Athlon 1~6 or 1~8 scope in mils (meals, in NC)...   :thumbup::lmao:

This one right here, in the Ranger profile...

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-Grade-Barrel-358-Winchester-Ranger-16-1-14-Twist-Stainless/productinfo/TR-358RAIG16RT14/

Match Grade Barrel, .358 Winchester, Ranger, 16

I like that, and I'm still kicking my own Azz for NOT buying a .338 Federal complete upper, they had them priced at $825, I was planning on swapping a 6.5 Creed barrel on, but NO, I had to dither that deal all the way to hell and back, clicked on one day, and "Gone ZO!"

that's a billet upper receiver, BCG, barrel, and charging handle! I do love their barrels, beautiful machine work, now thats gonna be a little "butt kicker", may kick your butt a little too?? or not

also takes our favorite "intermediate" gas tube!

That hand guard is going to make that rifle in the looks dept, its gonna be awesome!

Edited by billymagg

2 minutes ago, billymagg said:

thats a billet upper receiver, BCG, barrel, and charging handle! I do love their barrels, beautiful machine work, now thats gonna be a little "butt kicker", may kick your butt a little too?? or not

The .338 Fed 16" gun shoots a little "softer" than the .308 Win 16" gun does - and I set them up indentically...  Weird, I know.  We'll see on the .358 Win 16" gun.

Edited by 98Z5V

Just now, 98Z5V said:

The .338 Fed 16" gun shoots a little "softer" than the .308 Win 16" gun does - and I set them up indentically...  Weird, I know.  We'll see on the .358 Win 16" gun.

That's neat, and I would have built the 300 in 16" if they had the Tactical Hunter profile in 16", also Wilson makes it a point to remind people that their 300 velocity ratings are with an 18" barrel... and they recommend a little grease under each of those little screw bevels to keep them from seizing over time.

I did wimp out and buy one of those "Limb Saver" snap on recoil pad's from Wilson, I used to weigh about 215 until I had a heart attack and triple bypass about 12 years ago, now I'm down to about 160, but I've lost a LOT of padding, but more importantly "muscle mass". In any regard, it does help a lot more that you might expect...