• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Arizona you awake down there SB1625

Magwa

11 hours ago, Magwa said:

100% sure he can not change the constitution by executive order only congress can change or amend the constitution and that has to be by 3/4 majority this is the way i understand it ...

6 hours ago, 392heminut said:

@98Z5V seems to be the most knowledgeable about this stuff here on the forum, maybe he will chime in. For some reason I seem to think that a Constitutional Convention needs to be called to do anything with the Constitution.

Truth, right here.  Nobody is changing the US Constitution anytime soon, because too many people can't agree, these days - we're too divided, as a nation.  Here's what it takes to make an Amendement to the US Constitution:

Article V of the United States Constitution outlines basic procedures for constitutional amendment.

1. Congress may submit a proposed constitutional amendment to the states, if the proposed amendment language is approved by a two-thirds vote of both houses.
  2. Congress must call a convention for proposing amendments upon application of the legislatures of two-thirds of the states (i.e., 34 of 50 states).
  3. Amendments proposed by Congress or convention become valid only when ratified by the legislatures of, or conventions in, three-fourths of the states (i.e., 38 of 50 states).

1 OR 2 must happen.  After 1 OR 2 happens, then 3 must happen, to amend the US Constitution.  Now other way to do it.

2/3rds of BOTH houses can pitch TO the States.  2/3rds of States can pitch TO Congress.  After that, 3/4ths of the States VOTE on it.  Not Congress.  The STATES vote to change the US Constitution.

Never gonna happen, in today's times - with the political division that there is out there now. And that political division isn't going away anytime soon, either.  If we keep with the current political landscape that we have, there will NEVER be another Amendment to the US Constitution. 

Which is good news.  The 2nd Amendment isn't going anywhere.

"I'm simply trying to illuminate the terrain in which we currently find ourselves deployed..."

Wait for it.

Edited by 98Z5V