• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

RRA LAR-8 vs. Armalite AR10

Both are well made. I originally ordered an LAR-8 in 2011. It was an 8 month wait. A month later my LGS got a B model AR 10 in and He let me switch my deposit to that. I am happy with it and probably would have been with the LAR 8 also. With the LAR 8 you have to use FN style magazines. Withthe A model Armalites now you can use the DPMS style magazines from multiple manufacturers, including Magpul.

On 5/9/2021 at 8:25 PM, Stonebuster said:

How does the RRA LAR-8 compare with the Armalite AR 10?

Dimensions.  RRA LAR-8s are the same thing as Bushmaster BAR-10s - same exact guns - and those two animals are completely different than Armalite AR-10s and DPMS LR-308s. The RRA LAR-8s (and Bushmaster BAR-10) BCGs are longer, the upper and lower receivers are longer, the charging handles are longer, and they still use "somewhat standard" receiver extensions, so the buffers are even shorter... 

Big differences between those platforms.  You go RRA, you go proprietary, in the core operation of this .308AR "platform."

Edited by 98Z5V

Yep. Standard AR10 parts will not work on RRA, or on most DPMS pattern or PSA etc. There’s a lot of differences in different places out there. RRA is good stuff though, I don’t think many would argue that.