• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

6mm ARC Brass

HammerDown

5 hours ago, HammerDown said:

I'm trying to source some 6mm ARC brass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Several of us are.  Hornady can't keep the production up with the .mil contract that they have to fulfill, plus getting loaded ammo out to people that jumped on board with this round.  I've never seen any Hornady brass available, since the launch of the cartridge on 3 June 2020.  Only thing I've been able to do is buy 6 ARC Hornady ammo, and save my brass.  I'm up to about 400 pieces. 

Starline hasn't picked it up yet, but they're an option.  Option #1 is just get Grendel brass and resize it. Option #2 is get Starline's "Basic Grendel Brass" and resize that.

That the only info I know right now...   Tough time to get into a brand new cartridge. 

Thanks for the response. I swore I wouldn't do another cartridge but, this 6mm ARC is hard to resist. I'll probably just resize Grendel brass. Midway has the Hornady ARC brass listed on their site as "coming soon". Estimated 11/07/21🤪

Edited by HammerDown

10 minutes ago, HammerDown said:

Midway has the Hornady ARC brass listed on their site as "coming soon". Estimated 11/07/21🤪

They'll never get it by that date.  No way.  Hornady just can't keep up with the demand, and that bare brass in the 50-packs is gonna be years-out.

1 year ago right now, is right about the time I pulled the trig on my first 6 ARC shot - so I know what you're saying.  I got in on this one early, very early.

Edited by 98Z5V

8 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Thanks for the link. I've bought from Creedmoor Sports in the past but, their Grendel brass was out of stock. I did find some in stock at Arm or Ally though! I'm in business and relieved I don't have to try to size down 7.62 x 39 brass thats been collecting dust for years.